BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Polonius View Post
    Honestly? Simply because it seems to really annoy exactly the kind of people I find most annoying.
    Now that is a good answer.

Anyway, my bad on the answer, I dont have time to read 47 pages, I just read the 6 or so most recent.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I can fly, I have done it several times in the last month... So again you are wrong.

Truth is nothing, if not democratic... Your argument is again filled with nothing more than straw man fallacies. You do not understand my argument and like a closed parachute your closed mind will only allow you to fall on your face while I fly.

What is true today will not be true tomorrow, and what is true yesterday is todays lie.

@BIGRED: yes, thankyou! my sig has been answered!

Duke
    Zoomies
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Polonius View Post
    Honestly? Simply because it seems to really annoy exactly the kind of people I find most annoying.
    How else do you get your kicks?

..."It puts the lotion on it's hands or it gets the hose again..."
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    How else do you get your kicks?

..."It puts the lotion on it's hands or it gets the hose again..."
    well, I find that threads like this tend to bring out a certain kind of person. One advantage of those people is that they get extremely riled up with not a lot of effort. Now, since those are the kinds of people that tend to bother me, often intentionally, I indulge. While not bad people, per se, they tend to run to the selfish side of things.

As for how else I get my kicks, I'm pretty sure this is a family site...

As an aswer to the original question: No I don't think gender bending willl improve female percantage of players (as have been proven by a lot of research within video games). I think it is more a question of not liking the gaming aspect of the hobby. Please note that I think that women would be much more intersted in the other parts of the hobby - painting and modeling...

/M

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Then I can use the example that people actually believed that those with African descent were inferior to those whom are mostly Caucasian, which I do know is true. Truth is not a democratic concept; what is true is thus regardless of what any one person, or any group, believes. One could believe they could fly, and trick everyone in the room into thinking that, but if I were to push them out a window they'd fall like anyone else unless they truly could fly (which most, of course, cannot).

Whether or not a philosophical question has a true answer behind it is another question entirely.
    - I hope this is an error but right now you are coming off as believing people with "African descent" are inferior to Caucasians, and hopefully I don't have to go into the origin of the human species to prove you are wrong.

(I appologize for sidetracking the discussion but the statement above demanded it).

/M

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Then I can use the example that people actually believed that those with African descent were inferior to those whom are mostly Caucasian, which I do know is true. Truth is not a democratic concept; what is true is thus regardless of what any one person, or any group, believes. One could believe they could fly, and trick everyone in the room into thinking that, but if I were to push them out a window they'd fall like anyone else unless they truly could fly (which most, of course, cannot).

Whether or not a philosophical question has a true answer behind it is another question entirely.
    Wow, all I can hear at the moment is the sound of respect going down the drain...

That comment is full of fail.

Veteran-Sergeant

Guys, I'm almost positive she meant "i know isn't true."

Grand Provost Marshal

Context clues, people.
    "Then I can use the example that people actually believed that those with African descent were inferior to those whom are mostly Caucasian, which I do know is true."
    Melissia, unless I read her very wrong and she's both stubborn and insanely prejudiced, is noting that what she does "know is true" is that people actually believed "that those with African descent were inferior to those whom were mostly Caucasian".

Her previous example that lots of people actually believed the world was flat was shown to be false, so she brought up colonialist racism as an outdated idea believed by a majority, but which lacked any verifiable truth (thus discrediting the idea that the majority belief is "truth").

Jeebus...people are either thin-skinned or stupid. My guess? Both.
    Last edited by Faultie; 01-06-2010 at 07:25 PM.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Faultie View Post

Jeebus...people are either thin-skinned or stupid. My guess? Both.
    I do not think "thin skinned" really applies to comments like that. It was a fairly backwards way of getting a point across, if that is what she was intending.

Calling people stupid for misinterpreting that is pretty average also.

Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast