BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Elysian Dedicated Transports and Scions

For as long as the Valkyrie has existed, I've wanted to field an army of Inquisitorial storm troopers mounted in them as my exclusive troop choice. Of course, you'd need a "drop assault" type of rule to make this work at all in 7th, and I'm not to clear on 7th rules yet. That said, when I was thinking about it, I got an idea that came along with one of those grinch-like smiles:

Can I take a bunch of Elysian Valkyries, Vendettas, and Vultures as an unbound detachment, thus gaining the Combat Drop rule, and simply mount a Militarum Tempestus army in those stolen vehicles? Add Inquisitor Lox to the scion command and I'd be in heaven.

I guess you want to use the IA3secEd rules? Then you'll be disappointed, sorry. Here is why:
    a) the Valkyries are not in the fast attack section. They are dedicated transports only
    b) the vendetta is a fast attack choice, but does not have the Combat drop special rule

It sounds like a great idea, but sadly not possible rule wise...

Veteran-Sergeant

In the tempestus book there is a detachment that that makes you take 3 squads of scions, a scion command squad, a commisar and 4 valkyries. It even allows you to reroll scatter dice for grav chute insertion.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by vharing View Post
    In the tempestus book there is a detachment that that makes you take 3 squads of scions, a scion command squad, a commisar and 4 valkyries. It even allows you to reroll scatter dice for grav chute insertion.
    "Ding. Ding. Ding. We have a winner, Johnny!"

Seriously, this is a detachment that a friend of mine always uses. It's hard to deal with at times but fun to play against.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

That's the plan at the moment, I was just hoping to not have to deploy anything, so I could arrive in style and to use vultures and vendettas as support without needing to throw some low level grunts out there.

Thanks guys.