BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    Minimum troops is no longer a problem though, as you don't absolutely need them to score like in 6th.
    Except for the bigger problem in that it can completely break the theme of a list by forcing footsloggers into a flying circus
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Do not think this is true as Gir said in Deathstorm Raphen's death company and Cassor the Damned are both troop so do not see GW changing them after one week

Chapter-Master

I don't own nor do I want any tactical squads in my BA successor.

I bought them because I love assault marines and the sculpted muscle look. I own about 60 assault marines and 20 Sang guard.

Well, I'm not going to sell them off or anything, but they wont be expanded or anything either - just reminds me why I don't play the game side, there always seems to be changes like this and it would just frustrate and annoy me so I think I was right to just keep it as a hobby that revolves around the painting and modeling side.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    Then why are they troops in Deathstorm?
    They are unique detachment and you 'must' take them as it shows; no options otherwise they are not that squad and not troops. Same as the nid stuff, if you don't build it that way you lose the special rules that go with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    My first instinct was to reply "Whats Unbound?"....

Can't play Unbound without being accused of being a power gaming jerkface. If I'm going to toss the FOC, I'm not going to do it just to run the same legal list I had in the last edition. Thats pretty crappy wouldn't you agree?
    This attitude I just cannot understand; there are many (very many) Power lists without going unbound. So why does everyone hate on a great tool for playing awesome fluff games ?
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

They aren't a unique detatchment when taken by themselves. Each of the units is more like a special character unit. You can take them in a CAD but they have to be exactly as is
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Initiate

This is pure BULL****.....
    My entire BA army is on jump packs...
    now, not only have I lost the option to take a battleforged army...and to secure objectives properly... I also lost another big part of my hitting power, since I was rolling with Dante and a librarian as HQ... + 3 Sanguinary priests (since I could take them as a single slot in the previous dex)...
    Not to mention that my vanguard vets on jp are next to worthless now....
    Thank you GW for destroying the entire concept behind an army that I have been collecting since the 3rd edition...
    *CENSORED* You, you lousy bunch of *CENSORED* *CENSORED* *CENSORED* *CENSORED*. I hope you all *CENSORED* *CENSORED* *CENSORED* *CENSORED* *CENSORED*.

Brother-Sergeant

Daboarder I agree with you. They really hit them hard with the nerf bat. I have been playing BA since 1998 and it is my first army. This is the worst codex revamp yet for them. I am lost for words on what to say about all of this.

- - - Updated - - -

I am glad I traded some MTG stuff from my FLGS for this and did not pay cash.

If the changes to Dante's new Axe, army wide FC guaranteed with an I+1... That makes me happy

DC being Elites...so can they score now?

I'm not concerned about the jump troops, there is bound to be a formation to cover this at some point, no doubt without ObjS but who cares...jump troops are not about that...

The priests are interesting, but unlikely to overload on them.

No news on 10 man Sang guard....

Curious as to why people are complaining about the Fast Tanks going....if you'd read the 6th Ed FAQ. They went a long time ago.... Buying upgrades to rhinos sounds awesome....especially if they're FAST...I can stick Storm Troopers in those

DC are still Boss and can now buy Jump packs cheaper...that's amazing...Bolters and Jumppacks are not to be underestimated....especially if big squads are still in...

Really looking forward to it...
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Shadow View Post
    Curious as to why people are complaining about the Fast Tanks going....if you'd read the 6th Ed FAQ. They went a long time ago.... .
    FAQ says all rhino chassis are fast.

Well looks like I'll be making that militarum tempestus detachment into a full blown army now
    Long live the glorious nagash supreme lord of the undead and immortal king. Emotionally imparred autistic with a tendency towards obsessing on near useless topics like dinosaurs

Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast