BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default BA 7th Ed Codex: Bikes

Hello all,

There was a posting/review a few days ago regarding the new BA codex, and how great BA bikes would be. I get the furious charge and T5, but cannot remember why the poster felt that the new BA Codex did wonders for bikes. Could you guys fill me in? Why would BA bike squads be so good in the current codex/ruleset?

Occuli Imperator

They are now inline with the vanilla marines in terms of cost and load out. But with the addition of furious charge.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

I did use them today vs. orks. 8 Bikes + Attack Bike with multi-melta, Veteran Sergeant with power sword and two grav-guns. Also I had my own converted Sanguinary Priest Biker with them with a power fist. So I had T5, 4+ JINK, 3+ armour and 5+ Feel No Pain. Sounds good?

It really isn´t. They are still really, really expensive. They move fast but they need to get really close to be effective. Sure you can try to keep them that nice 24" away from enemy but then you just get those single bolter shots. But then they just dont do their job. When you get closer you get assaulted and that is their weakness. Only one attack (Sergeant has 2). You do well if you are able to charge (Hammer of Wrath and furious charge), but after that you only fight with one attack each.

Best way to use them is manouver around the field and look for that sweet spot where to move 12", shoot everything from close distance and then charge what ever is left of disenbarks from a wrecked vehicle. Furious charge and Initiative bonus 1 really helps then. You just need to make sure that you win every assault in one turn or at least so that enemy is really cripled after charge.