BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Night Fighting?

Default Night Fighting?

Did they just forgot to write rules to have a night fight after turn 5+? In the 6th edition battle´s were fought at the dusk as well as at dawn.

Just asking it because it feels really weird that even new Codex´s give option for Storm Ravens to buy searchlight? What tha heck I do with it if it can ´t be on table before turn 2 and Night Fighting is only possible during game turn 1?

And yes... I do understand that you might have a special mission where you can have NF rules on other turns also but in basic consept its pretty weird.

Night Fighting is essentially useless in this edition.

Occuli Imperator

No, it just isn't in 7th ed.

You can have it on turn 1 on a +4 or if you and your opponent want it.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by World Of Pain View Post
    Did they just forgot to write rules to have a night fight after turn 5+? In the 6th edition battle´s were fought at the dusk as well as at dawn.

Just asking it because it feels really weird that even new Codex´s give option for Storm Ravens to buy searchlight? What tha heck I do with it if it can ´t be on table before turn 2 and Night Fighting is only possible during game turn 1?

And yes... I do understand that you might have a special mission where you can have NF rules on other turns also but in basic consept its pretty weird.
    If either you or your opponent want Night Fighting on turn 1 then you roll for it.
    But there are some other ways, like a Necron ability and perhaps others that I don't know about that enact Night Fighting.
    There are also many other mission than just the Rulebook 12. I think a total of over 80 without Forgeworld, and perhaps some of them have different Night fighting rules and/or reserves rules (like that they can come on in turn 1)

Brother-Captain

Maybe they didn't bother with it because hardly anyone actually remembered to do it later in the game anyway.

As others have said though, that's only a handful of missions out of many. They're just the basic rulebook ones to allow you to play something pre-made.