BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyranid Codex

(EDIT) nevermind, dumb question, sorry for trolling

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    Unfortunately don't they blow up if they bump into each other or impassable terrain?
    Not quite right. They blow up if they 1) touch an enemy, 2) touch impassible terrain, 3) lose a wound, or 4) end their drift within 2" of enemy.

If they touch a friendly model, or drift off the table edge, they are simply removed without exploding.
    Ref. German codex p48, Lebende Bombe (Living Bombs)
    Embarking =/= Nemesis Force Weapon

The English Codex is exactly the same

Can we get confirmation that you can't actually get extra attacks with additional hand weapons and things?

Veteran-Sergeant

Consider that confirmed.
    Embarking =/= Nemesis Force Weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Caldera02 View Post
    no you roll to hit as normal and posion(4+) allows you to wound any model with a toughness value on 4+ no matter what thier value is(I.E. hormagaunt str is 3 vs toughness 2, wound on 4+....Hormie vs wraithlord, still 4+.) Against same toughness or lower it allows for a re-roll to wound.
    This makes them awesome for genestealers since there is hardly anything with a toughness of 2 or less, and a rerolled 4+ is better than a 3+ (75% vs 66%) and increases your chance to roll 6's.

Sucks for hormoguants though, and only good for termaguants if it's free becuase of a Tervigon. Lets not even start on Rippers. If anyone can't tell by some of my questions I'm trying really hard to like rippers just becuase I have an irrational love for the models.

On Genestealers it's nice but makes a fragile unit worth even more points to the enemy, and it is nice on Warriors, I imagine generally nice on MCs if the price is right.

I was just really hoping to find something to make our infantry not suck so much. 6 pts for a hormoguant is crazy compared to an orc boy being 6 pts considering the differences.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by xanthaous View Post
    This makes them awesome for genestealers since there is hardly anything with a toughness of 2 or less, and a rerolled 4+ is better than a 3+ (75% vs 66%) and increases your chance to roll 6's.
    They get the rerolls for the lower toughnesses, too.

Hitting T2, they wound ~97% of the time. (rerollable 2+)

Hitting T3, they wound ~88% of the time. (rerollable 3+)

Hitting T4, they wound ~75% of the time. (rerollable 4+)

Hitting T5+, they wound 50% of the time. (4+)
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

But the price of a genestealer with a toxin sac is mroe expensive than a SM, and if that SM has a pistol then has the same number of attacks. Basicly, no matter how many wounds you get, they're saving on a 3+ and we're saving on a 5+ and when we die we lose more points per model.

I'm not really whining I guess, they are two different factions and we all can't play different looking space marines but the new tyranid book does seem like a kick in the nuts thats hard to recover from.
    Last edited by S0ULDU5T; 01-09-2010 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    They get the rerolls for the lower toughnesses, too.

Hitting T2, they wound ~97% of the time. (rerollable 2+)

Hitting T3, they wound ~88% of the time. (rerollable 3+)

Hitting T4, they wound ~75% of the time. (rerollable 4+)

Hitting T5+, they wound 50% of the time. (4+)
    That is not true. Poison attacks wound always on 4+ regardless of the toughness. So you hit T2 on 4+ and T8 as well. You can confirm this in the BRB.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast