BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

And US Website screwed.... It loads... just incredibly slow.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

British one is all kinds of broken. Mystery seemed to have ordered his before my webpage even said it was available.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I am Eshin like in my ordering.

Minus the typical incompetence of the Eshin. Got my order confirmation as well!

Also, paperback versions of the End Times novels up on Black Library website now.

Might use these as my first e-books when my iPad gets here. Whenever that turns out to be.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I am Eshin like in my ordering.

Minus the typical incompetence of the Eshin. Got my order confirmation as well!
    Yup. US Site broken. Been generating server errors the past few minutes. I could get to the Warhammer Page but couldn't click on the preorders without it breaking.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Yeah, US site never showed it for me, and now it's dead. I wouldn't worry because I have a GW store local, but was told they weren't being sent any copies so he'd have to place an online order and I'd need to pay in the store tonight.

So let's see... They not only blow off the FLGS's but also their own stores to make sure people have to order directly from their website. A website they blew a lot of money on, which is now down.

Seriously, how does a company screw up so often and so bad and not have heads roll?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    If you have a 4.5 million pound website that goes down when a few thousand people log on, your entire management staff should be terminated immediately with extreme prejudice.
    and it crashed!
    It's acutually in my cart. Can't checkout though.
    Last edited by Justus Ackermann; 01-09-2015 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus Ackermann View Post
    and it crashed!
    Yes, and I reiterate that the entire management staff should be terminated immediately with extreme prejudice.

I can't see there being even 100,000 people worldwide visiting the website right now (that's way too much of an attempt at flattery), and yet it broke. You're a freaking worldwide company, you spent all that money, and a lot of it had to have gone to hardware... and then your website crashes with a number of visitors that shouldn't cause much more than possibly a hiccup? There's no excuse for that. They threw a ton of money at something that doesn't work as it's supposed to. And now, when they made the choice to make an item online-only, people can't order because their website is broken, which is going to result in a lot of pissed-off customers.

OK, some of us have to stop hitting "refresh". You all start.

Oh shut up.

Website was fine and dandy for the other three.

Calling for their heads? They're not a public service. It's not as if whilst the website is down all the copies are going to be mysteriously sold now, is it? No. They'll still be there when it's back up.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Easy for you to say, you've got yours.

I suspect I'm going to fall asleep before the website comes back up, and when I come back up they'll be gone.

And on eBay a week later at twice the price.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast