BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

I'm going to stay quietly hopeful about a Sisters codex until we get official word one way or the other.

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewm9 View Post
    Thats all true, but we usually see a removal maybe 3 or 4 months out from such an event. I think I can reasonably certain that GW is not putting out any type of Inquisition/WH/DH ciodex in that time frame.

I'd be pleased if they did however. If they still had a decent stock however, why remove it from being ordered at all? That makes no sense to me. That and it hasn't been removed from the US site, just the troops box and that hasn't been removed fully yet since it pops up in the also featured products.
    Well it still shows up but may not be purchasable. A few months there was a big marine box that showed up that hadn't been available for awhile. I could add it to the cart but would get a error if I tried to checkout.

Quote Originally Posted by The.Justinian View Post
    On a side note, It recently occurred to me as I typed this that a new SoB army could/would/should have the texture point of accessing the SM vehicle STCs but at lower cost from BS3. Just imagine a 65 point base predator...and that's not even to start on the discounts that a BS3 LRC might accrue (while having Twinlink make up for most of it).
    You do realize all sisters are BS4.

Default I do, and yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
    You do realize all sisters are BS4.
    I do. I just thought it would be an interesting textural differentiation, making a different dimension in tanks possible with the existing models. It could easily be explained away as What they have their men do, or their new sisters, etc. Most chapters have scouts; perhaps sisters have tank crews.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by The.Justinian View Post
    I do. I just thought it would be an interesting textural differentiation, making a different dimension in tanks possible with the existing models. It could easily be explained away as What they have their men do, or their new sisters, etc. Most chapters have scouts; perhaps sisters have tank crews.
    Well, all their tanks are currently BS 4, so apparently not...
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

As a Templar player I hope and pray that they do not do some kind of Templars/SoB codex for both our sakes.

I am looking forward to making a SoB army when they give me a new codex and more importantly plastic mini’s.

I think that to combine them would be a travesty to both armies. The sisters are fully capable of being a well rounded super cool army that; while marine-esque are very different and interesting.

Plus I don't want my codex nerfed because they're trying to cram too much into one codex.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by MarshalAdamar View Post
    Plus I don't want my codex nerfed because they're trying to cram too much into one codex.
    And that's exactly how I feel about the Inquisition...

As for the Sisters' novitiates (yes, that's what they are called)? They are trained at the Schola Progenium, and then at the convent. It's assumed that they're BS4 before they ever put on a set of power armor or have the honor of driving a vehicle.
    Last edited by Melissia; 01-12-2010 at 11:29 AM.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Default I stand out-known.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    And that's exactly how I feel about the Inquisition...

As for the Sisters' novitiates (yes, that's what they are called)? They are trained at the Schola Progenium, and then at the convent. It's assumed that they're BS4 before they ever put on a set of power armor or have the honor of driving a vehicle.
    I had a feeling that there would be something in the BG that would argue against my hypothesis. There's always a fair amount of little retcon in each new codex, usually inoffensive stuff, so I wouldn't rule it out.

On the spectrum of armies within the imperium, I've always liked how the sisters sit on a 'durability under fire' point without being (theoretically) as costly as a marine. When I supposed what I did, I was looking to project the 'abundant, durable' ethos that Sisters' foot troops posess onto their vehicles.

Every 5th edition codex, aside from demons, has featured a heavy complement of vehicles and we can expect that no less will be true in this case. I was pretty dissapointed by the fact that the entries for SWolves were there, but there was no depth ruleswise invested into them...Just trying to brainstorm some means of alternating that for the future.

In any case, is it indeed true that the rhino/speeder/raider chassis spectrum would be welcome under Sororitas command (according to the experts we have here?). I often paint and detail vehicles for friends, and I'd love to be painting up a Sisters' land speeder one day.

Abbess Sanctorum

Keep in mind that the schola progenium is where the Stormtroopers and Commissars are trained, and they are also all BS4.

As for vehicles, I'd rather have Sisters bikes than land speeders. They're cooler after all.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Grand Provost Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Keep in mind that the schola progenium is where the Stormtroopers and Commissars are trained, and they are also all BS4.
    Also Arbites are BS4, and Schola Progenium raised...I think advanced marksmanship is probably required coursework.

Also, Sisters on bikes is okay...I'd like to see Sisters with the gear of Shock Teams/Crusaders - Suppression Shield and Power Weapon.

Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast