BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Not as bad as I was expecting honestly. No mention of Neferata though.

Edit: Urgh, apparently Lileath sacrificed herself to help Tyrion, who fails. So much for setting her up as saving bits of the world in bubbles. Thanks GW for treating another female character like she's a ****ing power up for a male character.
    Um... First off, you really thought she was going to create Outland? Kroak pretty much did that for some Lizardmen, that's where the rumors came from.

At the end of Khaine, she opened a dimension to a pocket realm where her daughter went, with Araloth watching over their daughter, and that girl was supposed to be the key to creating life on a remade world. Lileath, of course, would just die with this world. *That* was the plan with her, not Outland. But it does sound like they took even that bit of hope and threw it out the window. (Or perhaps just forgot it, which would be unforgivable.)

I'm reading Kroak's actions really quite differently.

Rather than create pocket dimensions, Froggy McToadington instead threw up shields around Lizardmen Cities, protecting those that remained. Most of the Slaan and their Skink Attendants were 'safe' in their ships by that point?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Reasons to doubt it's all going roundbased skirmish - MASSIVE KITS being released for The End Times. And lots of them. To date, and we're getting close -no sign at all of Warhammer kits being packed with round bases, only ever square ones (barring the Bloodthirster, who of course has both given it's in both games). This includes aforementioned MASSIVE KITS released for The End Times.
    Heck, I want to throw in my hat for crazy rumor madness again:

What if this is a way to snuff out all the stuff from typical fantasy and history, and just make 40K-compatible versions of Skaven and Lizardmen? Sure, yeah, we need to read the rest of the book to see who makes it, if anyone. But we know the Slann went back to the stars, and the Skaven were looking to move Skavenblight off-world. You could change up the Lizardmen line, and all the new Skaven releases had a 40K-style aesthetic to them anyway (and the Stormfiends were not made to rank up). Chaos is Chaos anywhere, so their champions and warriors could carry on the fight across the cosmos. "What about all the other kits, especially for End Times?" Well, when you have a company talking up the idea of selling models to collectors, why not take these impressive models and just release them in a special line? Heck, they already have different boxes and blisters, so you could set them up in a store markedly separate from any other game releases. Makes sense to the company because it eliminates all the stuff they can't control IP for that well, lets them ditch all the production work on WFB and focus more on their hotter-selling game, and they get a start on selling dedicated collector models.

That one's probably not going to happen. But hey, it's a possibility that makes sense with what we've seen.

One argument *for* round bases would be the posing of a lot of the newer models. The Stormfiends needed larger bases and still don't rank up, but that's not an issue with round bases. The Blightkings and Khorne Clown Brigade need 40mm bases, which throws people off in WFB because they're not Monstrous Infantry, but on round bases like 40K that doesn't seem so odd (or they could shift to 32mm).

All just speculation. But speculation is fun!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I'm reading Kroak's actions really quite differently.

Rather than create pocket dimensions, Froggy McToadington instead threw up shields around Lizardmen Cities, protecting those that remained. Most of the Slaan and their Skink Attendants were 'safe' in their ships by that point?
    It describes the areas he projected fields around as lifting up from the ground and floating through the cataclysm into the heavens.

I wasn't trying to call them "pocket dimensions," they were protected bubbles of earth that got sent out to the stars... somehow. Doesn't say what happened to them other than that.

What Lileath sent her daughter and Araloth into *was* a "pocket dimension" of sorts, though.

Will re-read that.

I don't recall them floating off anywhere?

But yeah, Lileath bit is spot on.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I pulled my book out to double-check.

I think that's where the Bubblehammer rumor might have originated.

The protective force domes are sent "up and beyond the horizon of the world". That's the text, make of it what you will. And yes, I wonder if that's where the bubbles thing comes from.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Brother-Captain

Cool.

There is a point to it, despite the complaints that 'all of it was for nothing, the world ended anyway'.

That's exactly the point. The point is that no matter how hard they all strove, chaos is inevitable and eventually entropy always wins out. Not until everything is dead will chaos cease to be.

It's a really depressing ending, but in a cool way and it takes serious balls due to the inevitable complaints.

The truly bizarre thing is people acting like they have to sell up their armies because they can never play them again. Rules are rules for playing a game, just mechanics. You choose which setting you're playing in. Nothing is stopping anyone from playing the pre-end times setting. Even if 9th is really different (which I doubt considering a lot of units are still pretty recent) you could just continue playing 8th for pre-end times.
    Last edited by Anggul; 03-12-2015 at 11:19 AM.

Brother-Sergeant

To me it just seems the Chaos Gods just sit and play games with worlds. See who wins. When one game ends they play another.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chaos gods playing poker.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	175.1 KB 
ID:	13084

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Solution9 View Post
    To me it just seems the Chaos Gods just sit and play games with worlds. See who wins. When one game ends they play another.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chaos gods playing poker.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	175.1 KB 
ID:	13084
    Yup, it just shows that even all of the dramatic events of the Old World are just little bits of amusement to the Chaos Gods, and when they're done they look for a new place to amuse them.

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    Cool.

There is a point to it, despite the complaints that 'all of it was for nothing, the world ended anyway'.

That's exactly the point. The point is that no matter how hard they all strove, chaos is inevitable and eventually entropy always wins out. Not until everything is dead will chaos cease to be.

It's a really depressing ending, but in a cool way and it takes serious balls due to the inevitable complaints.

The truly bizarre thing is people acting like they have to sell up their armies because they can never play them again. Rules are rules for playing a game, just mechanics. You choose which setting you're playing in. Nothing is stopping anyone from playing the pre-end times setting. Even if 9th is really different (which I doubt considering a lot of units are still pretty recent) you could just continue playing 8th for pre-end times.
    Serious balls? are you kidding?

Serious balls is needed when you're doing something which takes guts, not total stupidity. Base jump takes balls, shooting yourself in the head with a gun doesn't.

30 years of background thrown out of the window because GW lacked creativity and skills to nurture it and make it evolve in a positive way and now they just kill it out of laziness and you speak of balls?

Yes people could keep playing with their armies but GW support will not last. And very soon you'll be in trouble when trying to find someone to play with because the game's dead. It has already begun.

And something else, chaos victory may have been inevitable, the purpose of the game was to delay it heroically. See call of Cthuhu to understand what I mean.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast