BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    They have haywire, stuff to cause multiple wounds, all kinds of cover denial, speedy walkers, decent armor, FNP on Skitarii, 5+ cover on the lance walkers, Ld boosters... So much stuff to do so many tricks. AdMech is going to be a nasty army in the hands of people who can figure out how to mix those tricks.
    And this is only week 1.

The thing that's putting me off a bit is the Plasma Culiver is 30 huevos, and with more chances to roll Gets Hot and a lower armor save, even with 6+ FNP, your 30 huevo doodfaces are going to die more often to their own guns exploding. Ideally, you'll get a good couple of shots off before that happens, but it does seem pricey.

Also, the rad rule for the Vanguard is pretty tricky. It's -1 Toughness to everyone involved except the Vanguard unit, which means if you assault one unit with some allies as well, those allies get -1 toughness too. A double-edged sword if I ever saw one.

However, the nice thing is the Cognatus rule on the Autocannon and Lascannon on the walkers. Hitting on 5+ when snap-firing, twin-linked, is pretty decent anti-air, especially if you have three, four, or five in the squad. Enemies aren't going to be able to down that many light vehicles very quickly from range, and since they don't have skyfire only, they can use their full BS on ground targets without issue. I only wish that those guys got the 5+ cover save as well, but I suppose it's good that they get the +3 inch move to stay mobile and get to good firing lanes. Some intervening Vanguard will help give them a cover save I suppose.

I'm imagining 10 Vanguard w/ 4 Arc Rifles, Enhanced data-tether (I am forseeing a mindlock that also has an upside if passed), Omnispex. In a drop pod. 175 pesos + pod, but (praise the omnissiah) the dakka! 8 Haywire/S6 shots, 18 rad poisoning shots.

Chapter-Master

Yeah, this is a -big- release for a "weekly" release. 2 proper kits / 4 units. Might explain why the past few weeks didn't really have much in terms of kits.

Hopefully they are saving the more medieval blanche weirdness for later stuff. I don't mind going unbound since I don't play anyway.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Yeah, this is a -big- release for a "weekly" release. 2 proper kits / 4 units. Might explain why the past few weeks didn't really have much in terms of kits.

Hopefully they are saving the more medieval blanche weirdness for later stuff. I don't mind going unbound since I don't play anyway.
    You don't play anyway.. so you just collect? That's cool too, and if I was just a collector, I wouldn't care at all about the game or rules, but just going with what looks cool on the shelf.

Anyway, yeah. This is only week 1 guys. All the Admech stuff was rumored to be a FULL Codex, bigger than Harlequins, and the rumor is that there are TWO books involved, Skitarii and one other (Cult Mechanicus I believe).

There is a LOT more stuff to come out. If this was all there was, we'd see the Codex in the release as well, but this is just the first two units!

I can't wait to see the rest over the coming month!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    You don't play anyway.. so you just collect? That's cool too, and if I was just a collector, I wouldn't care at all about the game or rules, but just going with what looks cool on the shelf.

Anyway, yeah. This is only week 1 guys. All the Admech stuff was rumored to be a FULL Codex, bigger than Harlequins, and the rumor is that there are TWO books involved, Skitarii and one other (Cult Mechanicus I believe).

There is a LOT more stuff to come out. If this was all there was, we'd see the Codex in the release as well, but this is just the first two units!

I can't wait to see the rest over the coming month!
    My memory is seriously awful so I can't memorise all of those statistics and rules sadly. I find painting/converting and such highly therapeutic and relaxing though - I also find it helps to build confidence.

Yep, I fully expect at least another 3 weeks of Mechanicum, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was 5 or so. Not sure they will have more than one plastic kit for following weeks, but even if they don't - if they are all duel-kits and clampacks that would make roughly 12 units as a guess. I definitely believe it will be a "Full army" release as opposed to the smaller harlequin and tempestus releases.
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Feeling mighty glad that I started a Mechanicum army for 30k, I hope I can find a way to translate the models across ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    You mean aside from a Bloodthirster that could make three variants (for both WFB and 40K), a two-unit Khorne unit for WFB, and a Khorne character? If you don't play Khorne, I guess that's not much, but it certainly wasn't nothing. Harlequins weren't that far back either, with an infantry kit, a jetbike squad kit, a two-variant big jetbike kit, and three characters.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    You mean aside from a Bloodthirster that could make three variants (for both WFB and 40K), a two-unit Khorne unit for WFB, and a Khorne character? If you don't play Khorne, I guess that's not much, but it certainly wasn't nothing. Harlequins weren't that far back either, with an infantry kit, a jetbike squad kit, a two-variant big jetbike kit, and three characters.
    I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say, and that might be my fault for not being clear. I was talking about how many plastic kits are normally released within one single specific week.. Most of the weekly releases focus on a single plastic kit, perhaps with a clampack character added at most. I think the last time they released two "main" plastic kits in one single week was Tempestus which had both the Scions and Taurox kits both in one week. The khorne release was one kit per week, the Harlequins had one kit and sometimes one clampack per week. This friday's release looks like it has the duel infantry kit, the duel biped walker - and perhaps that four legged one too, all that in possibly -one- week.
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 03-23-2015 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Took me a bit, but the wacky vibe of these things is really growing on me. There's a real frontiersman feel to it, like they're exploring rather than just hermiting up like the Mechanicus is often wont to do. Very fun.
    You do remember they have "Explorator Fleets" that go exploring right?

Librarian

Glad I waited on harlys this is kind of far more up my alley, ill get back to the clowns this fall

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast