BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Who the Tau Ethereals are.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by ThePov View Post
    Now, I'm a big fan of the Salamanders, they were my first army and they still hold a special place in my heart, but it's kind of hard to LOSE a 10 foot tall, black skinned super-being decked out in bright green armor. It's entirely possible the whole Salamander's Cult of Nocturne thing is just wishful thinking.
    yes, i suppose.

poor salamanders

Veteran-Sergeant

I play the sallies and I find it pretty odd that Vulkan just "Dissapeared". Maybe he was teleported away by some deamon into the warp and is searching for a way back??

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Magos View Post
    Well, in regards to the lost legions, it is possible they turned against botht he Emperor and Chaos...
    More probably they declined to join the Crusade when the Emperor rediscovered them. And so they were killed.

Dorn hints at as much in the chapbook - it is certainly clear that they are dead and their Legions dissolved.

Chaplain

Question

Quote Originally Posted by RandomX View Post
    Actually though the Horus Heresy I am getting a lot from the background that I personally want.

The nature of the Heresy era Imperial Fists, specifically Sigismund.
    -Eric
    Well I too, as a BT player, would like to know more about Sigismund & how he finally died or was killed.
    I presume we will know more about him when the HH Book is written about the defence of the Palace on Terra. He does make a small appearance in Mechanicus when he goes to Mars to remove supplies before the Forge is destroyed.

Regards Barry H.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Concentrate More View Post
    Who the Tau Ethereals are.
    The truth about the Ethereals was revealed in Xenology. They were created by the Harlequins to guide the Tau race (who were also likely a Harlequin creation) as an uncorruptable force in the coming war against Chaos. The Ethereals' ability to guide large groups via pheromone based mind control and the Tau's negligible reflection in the warp makes them the ideal candidates to unite and guide the galaxy against Chaos.

Scout

Did they ever actually flesh out what happened to the lost founding of Space Marines?

isnt the exorcists included in the dark founding

Has any one been reading a fan fiction novel at black library: rise of the tau (amazing story and will change your view on 40k as a whole) well in the story the lost legions were pariahs and there primarchs were pariahs too (lost to the C'tan)

Veteran-Sergeant

I think that the other two c'tan should be revealed... I know that they couldn't, as the Void Dragon *might* be on Mars (hahaha.... might be....), but it would still be cool to see what the VD and the Outsider look like.... or maybe some rules/models for them. I know it would never happen though, as it would change too much established fluff...
    "All power... demands sacrifice..." ~ Sindri Myr

Veteran-Sergeant

If I've understood it, if the Outsider wakes up, everyone dies.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast