BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

One unit I will always throw caution, battle plans and good sense, to the winds of Fenris, in order to kill in them in the face, is those tricksy little cowards Warp Spiders.

Jumping in and out like lunatics.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    One unit I will always throw caution, battle plans and good sense, to the winds of Fenris, in order to kill in them in the face, is those tricksy little cowards Warp Spiders.

Jumping in and out like lunatics.
    I played in a four-way match once, using the four-player "capture the center" scenario, using the old Eldar with my mostly foot-slogging list, and my unit of Warp Spiders managed to make a complete circuit of the entire table by the time the game was over. Literally a circle around a 6x4 table, just blasting stuff everywhere.

(On a semi-related note, I managed to win that battle, taking out most of the other three armies with my own army. One of the things that made me feel like playing Eldar might not be something I should do.)

Veteran-Sergeant

A massive +1 to Denzark's OP.

A thought provoking article stripped of the myopic utopianism that colours so much of this debate, a debate that all too often stubbornly refuses to take account the animal nature of human beings and flaws in the systems they create.
    Last edited by completeHook; 04-21-2015 at 02:29 PM.

Chapter-Master

Cheers CH!

(PS I am now going to try and use the term 'myopic utopianism' at least once at work tomorrow)
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Hi Denzark,

interesting read, and on the most part I agree. One of the things I have noticed about the tournament scene in Australia is that if left to GW to balance the game our tournament scene dies. In the southern states of Australia we historically had lots of tournaments with a composition score, to try and curb the power level in attendance. During the end of 5th and most of 6th we started to remove that. With the changes in 6th, and the constant release of new toys and rules we found our attendance dropped. People were not showing up due to the fact that the game was too unbalanced. Along came a system called Community Comp ([url=http://www.communitycomp.org/]www.communitycomp.org[/url]). Without messing with the rules a team of 15-20 people wrote a set of scores that were constantly tweaked based on community feedback. And in the last 12-18 months we have seen our attendance sky rocket in numbers, and veteran players who had left the scene are coming back due to the introduction of this system. I would recommend having a read.
    Community Comp (www.communitycomp.org) Come visit us over at our Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/CommunityComp)

Yarp.

Though not exactly innocent myself, we all need to remember everyone has their own hobby when it comes to wargames.

Me, I really like building the models - there's just something satisfying about it. After that it's the gaming, because I enjoy the social element (indeed, every friend I have is, directly or indirectly, through my local GW store. Ex-staff, fellow gamers, my former manager etc). I love a win as much as the next gamer, but as long as I get to play and give a decent account of myself, I'm happy. And a distant third is the painting. I'm reasonable enough at it, just very, very, very, incredibly lazy when it comes to breaking out pot and brush.

My gaming is typically at a social level. I'll go with the guys to a tournament once in a while, but it's not especially my scene - I'm kind of awkward around new people socially anyway.

It's not the right way to play. It's not the wrong way to play. It's just my way.

If you don't like me or my tastes, well. Fair enough, your call. Just try to respect we all have own bizarre takes on everything in life.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Cheers CH!

(PS I am now going to try and use the term 'myopic utopianism' at least once at work tomorrow)
    Did you manage it?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    It's not the right way to play. It's not the wrong way to play. It's just my way.

If you don't like me or my tastes, well. Fair enough, your call. Just try to respect we all have own bizarre takes on everything in life.
    You do know that there's only one way that's the right way don't cha?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Did you manage it?
    That's a tall order! I'm anxious to see the reaction received if it was worked into a conversation.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Knobber

Just because I respect your take on the hobby, doesn't mean I respect you
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Knobber

Just because I respect your take on the hobby, doesn't mean I respect you

and the sequels prove my point.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast