BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Logan Grimnar's Living Legend ability.

Just wanting to make sure I am understanding this right. It states all friendly untis within 18" of Logan get +1 Attack. So do this also effect the unit he is in if he is in 1 and does he also get the +1 Attack?

Chapter-Master

All friendly models, not units. Subtle difference.

Regardless, I don't think he's included. He's not a friendly model to himself, he is himself.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

I've always played that he does get the +1 attack. There are no indications that he would be excluded. If the intention was to exclude Logan, the rule would have stated that explicitly.

Chaplain

I'm not sure about that Lerra, I've usually found that if the model giving the bonus is to be included the rule would state that.

Using the current BA codex as an example.
    Dante is inspiring which provides the following "any friendly unit of Blood Angels within 12" of him counts its opponents as a preferred enemy."
    I've always understood that this confers the ability on all units in the bubble excluding Dante, partly because of the following example with Lemartes and Litanies of Hate "On a player turn in which he charges, Lemartes and all members of any Blood Angels squad he has joined may reroll failed rolls to hit."

Chapter-Master

Right, the "all friendly units within 18" ", to me, sounds like all other units within 18" of Logan, but doesn't indicate that he also gets the bonus.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I dunno. I mean, is Logan friendly to himself? Is he within 18" of himself?

The only reasonable answer to either of these questions is yes.

Since these are the only two criteria for benefiting from the ability, it seems pretty clear to me that he does.

Did they not address this in the faq?

Sadly no this was not addressed in the FAQ along with a few others.

Chapter-Master

Logan is a friendly unit. Yes, he and the unit he is with would get this bonus.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

I seem to recall a similar issue addressed by an FAQ. It centred on whether a model was within a certain distance of itself. I can't remember the topic nor the answer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast