BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: At Which Point

Chaplain

I have an original necron warrior. If you paint up your old models in more modern colours they usually get more attention.
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Scout

One possibility is that people like the out of production models because they are tournament legal but rarer nowadays, so it can stand out a bit? I still love some of the earliest Chaos miniatures, and though models are a little bigger now, it's worth it to have something unique in your army. I am trying to collect Daemonettes of every edition to give a real, well, 'Chaotic' look to my army.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberscape7 View Post
    I have an original necron warrior. .
    I've got the old raiders, destroyers, lord, and scarabs. They look like ***.
    Goodbye Bols!

Abbess Sanctorum

[At which point] Do Old models pass from oh, these models suck, etc etc etc. to Hmm, thats an old model and It looks unique?
    Never. They are good or bad depending on their quality alone.

But then I suppose I don't feel nostalgic considering I use the same models as in second edition, and I have a lot to complain about those, too, with their stupid corsets, man-heads, and giant boob-cones.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    with their stupid corsets, man-heads, and giant boob-cones.
    I may have a new quote signature...
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    I have a lot to complain about ... with their stupid corsets, man-heads, and giant boob-cones.
    Seriously? The Sisters are great models, but I do agree that the faces are a bit manly.

But the "body" of the models are great. Power armor designed to look like busty corsets? Brilliant.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

agreed on the sisters sculpts. i love em, except the heads, which im slowly phasing out by buying ebay stuff. some of the old stuff appeals i guess. what does my head in though is the amount of OOP stuff on ebay that i can STILL buy in any gaming store. just cos they were made with 2nd ed., doesnt mean theyre no longer in production. seems like a way to try and make more cash from those not in the know about that army.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Mike X View Post
    Power armor designed to look like busty corsets? Stupid.
    Fix, emphasis mine. These are holy warriors, soldiers of the God-Emperor, and blessed paladins of the Imperium, NOT SEX OBJECTS.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Ok, sorry to break this up to you, but even according to fluff, imperial design is bound by tradition not by smart design concepts. They literally have no idea what they are doing. It took them centuries to improve power armour from mark 7 to 8(errant), and it's still not in actual production.

That from an in-game perspective.

From an out-of-game perspective, sex sells, and Warhammer 40000 main inspiration are John Blanche's paintings, which have a very solid fetish undertone.

In other words power armor corsets are 100% Warhammer 40k.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    From an out-of-game perspective, sex sells, and Warhammer 40000 main inspiration are John Blanche's paintings, which have a very solid fetish undertone.

In other words power armor corsets are 100% Warhammer 40k.
    Agreed. In my opinion (as an artist myself) 2nd edition had the best art direction in 40k over all, yet. Beautiful universe back then.

Models are all on personal taste. I like certain crappy ones myself, but other people around here loath them on the table top. Old Necrons are sooooo awesome!
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123