BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fueldrop View Post
    None of the above.

One each of:
    Guardians in wave serpent.
    Storm Guardians in wave serpent.
    Shining spears with Exarch (who failed a 6-inch charge and were om-nom-nommed before they could do anything)
    Swooping hawks
    Dark reapers
    Fire Dragons
    Farseer
    Warlock conclave
    Unit of 3 Falcon Grav tanks.
    Well that's about as soft as an Eldar list can get.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Well that's about as soft as an Eldar list can get.
    *shrug* It does what I want it to do.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fueldrop View Post
    *shrug* It does what I want it to do.
    Undoubtedly. Just saying there isn't much more you could do to soften the blow to your opponent.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Undoubtedly. Just saying there isn't much more you could do to soften the blow to your opponent.
    Maybe if I switched to nerf catapults...

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Certainly can't ever be you at fault.
    Given that Games Workshop is obviously blameless for their own game design...

Chapter-Master

The best way to play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Given that Games Workshop is obviously blameless for their own game design...
    All are blameless when the design relies on a drunk monkey using a random number generator!
    My Truescale Insanity

Quote Originally Posted by Tomgar View Post
    Apart from the fact that he won in his example and wasn't denigrating the skill of victorious opponent at all. Sorry dude, but game balance is an actual thing, not just a strawman that nasty people use to hurt GW's feely weelies and feel better about themselves. I know people with Eldar armies that sold up and bought much weaker armies because, even when they handicapped themselves, they won every time and it just wasn't fun for them. How exactly is that okay?
    Not the point I was attempting to make.

If you thrash someone, there could be any number of factors at play. Did your opponent make a real blunder? Did you capitalise on his every mistake? And vice versa. How were the dice?

For instance, last game of X-Wing I played, I couldn't hit nor evade for toffee. My opponents dice? The exact opposite.

What's your average win rate against that particular opponent? Example - my Dark Elves are normally pretty damned good, and I'm pretty damned good. Except against Monica's bloody Wood Elves that I have never, ever beat. Ever. Does that make Wood Elves unbalanced against Dark Elves? Nope, I just cannot beat Monica. Come damn close at times, but still choked in the end.

My point is that many games which turn out one sided are quickly blamed on game balance by the losing side. Worst expression I hear? 'You diced me'....that's right, it had nothing to do with organising flank charges at either side of your line, and your decision not to break your line, resulting in me rolling straight up both flanks and having the game all my own way. Oh no. I must have diced you. It's the only possible explanation.

In order to give anything even vaguely subjective, we need much more information. What did the Nids field? Anyone's rolling obscenely above average? Was their much terrain? What was the mission?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

The internet just ate my long and detailed reply.

Short and simple: Lots of MCs, Lots of psykers, lots of cover, big squad of genestealers outflanking. Weak right flank, which I exploited by drawing him out then deepstriking most of my force on his now exposed left flank. Most of his heavy hitters were fried by melta/missile/pulse laser before they could do anything.

If you exploited the flank and played to your strengths, I don't think it's the Eldar Codex that's at fault
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

if you both enjoyed the game, whats the problem? If you didn't because it was too easy for you, make some changes or suggest some for the opponent. Or write some custome missions, eldar covering an evacuation of an exodite world being overrun with swarms of nids or capturing a certain Synapse creature for use in forcing the hive fleet off course away from the path of a craftworld, into a sector of the Imperium. The missions in the book are a great starting point, but there are hundreds of other missions out there now rather than the 12 in the main rule book.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast