BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: The new Tyranid Codex is...

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brilliant. The best Tyranid codex yet.

14 16.47%
  • Good. Could be improved.

43 50.59%
  • Average. Could be better but could be worse.

14 16.47%
  • Poor. Has issues that need tob sorted.

7 8.24%
  • Awful. Definitely the worst Tyranid codex ever.

2 2.35%
  • Why do i care about Xenos and their problems.

5 5.88%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Not really that much into the Nids...

WAAAGH!!!

From what I've read, and having had a game against it, I would say that over all its a good codex and I hope my army gets as may options.

Some wording needs a bit of attention, but that shouldn't really matter in friendly games

I'm a 'nid player and I like it a lot so far. Definetly not the best codex ever but it's a start. I have a few qualms however:

It is NOT easy to use. People keep saying that but to me tons of "see pg. ???" references are annoying.
    No Red Terror...love my Red Terror but they even put a little fluff blurb about it, playing it off like it might never have existed in the first place.
    No Genestealer cults and 'stealers have a 5+ save. I do like being able to run multiple broodlords and lots of genestealers.
    I wish the swarm lord had wings. But then it'd be a true nightmare.

And that's really about all I care about right now. Some of the wording needs revision. But overall, not bad.

Brother-Captain

Compared to 3rd and 4th it is infinitely superior.

Solid book.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by The Custodian View Post
    I would have divided it into two different areas, an area for nid players to respond and non nid players. It seems that all non nid players love the book while theres a split in the current nid players on how the dex is done...
    QFT

The new codex has good options and well balanced overall. However, all the uber unit are new models so we (nid players) have to change most of our army... And that's bad.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbalaya View Post
    Compared to 3rd and 4th it is infinitely superior.

Solid book.
    That is very weird. I already typed "Compared to the 3rd and 4th editions, 5th id infinitely superior."

It appears I have been ninjad.

Average. Not good, not bad, just lackluster with a lot of vague rules.

Chaplain

it's fine i think, i don't think it lends itself to horde style of play as much anymore unfortunately. It's definitely a nidzilla codex, but who doesn't love MC's? it fixes a lot of the anti mech problems they used to have and drop podding bugs is cool, solves some footslogging issues. but over all i was bleh about it. it's certainly more balanced than i expected.
    Officially abandoned a total RG army in light of a single custom marine army i can use for all codecies...what does that make me?

Like all codexes, it has some units that are pure crap (Pyrovores and Harpy) and some that are awesome (Swarmlord.) I look forward to collecting a Tyranid force and finding out for myself.

Chaplain

be careful "text-judging" a unit as good or bad, i think anyone playing long enough has eventually done that and later been forced to eat their words. I know i've done it a couple times, where i thought a unit stupid expensive or useless, only to find out later, usually by receiving a sound thrashing, that i was waaay wrong. I find it's best to play test an army over and over and over working through stuff...
    Officially abandoned a total RG army in light of a single custom marine army i can use for all codecies...what does that make me?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast