BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

GW says speed is a weapon however you hit a raider that has moved 30 inches as easily as a lemun russ battle tank that has been in the same spot for 2 turns.
    In fact you hit them easier as the leman russ will most probably sit in cover (just the tracks is enough to grant the save) while the raider has to jink.
    Speed was a defence in previous editions (mostly 2nd but at least fast antigrav also had defenses against melee in later editions) but today it is a bit of movement that gets outclassed by Drop Pods anyways.

and lets not even get into how you hit in fantasy and 40k...this is where Privateer has it right...my ability to hit you has nothing to do with your ability to hit me...it has everything to do with my ability to dodge or parry, on top of general speed, and how well i hide...in shot defense...

GW was so interested in streamlining the game that they have obvious problems...how is it that a space marine can hit a banshee as easily as she can hit him...one of the combatants is 7-8 feet tall in armor and weighs over a 1000 pounds in at armor...one may be tall but is much faster and specializes in blade weaponry, ONE specific blade to be specific...it should be much harder to hit the banshee (she uses her defense to survive), but if you do hit her, that chain sword that weighs more than her is probably gonna splat her...as opposed to the space marine that is relatively easy to hit for the banshee to hit but much harder to wound due to thick armor ( i understand her power weapon slices up the armor but only if it can get through it...)

I dont need a full rewright and i can live with CC being the same but they need to fix shooting and they need to fix cover and speed actually meaning something if they want a real glass cannon to be able to do something...

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    Yeah, ultimately a Dark Lance is just a Lascannon that's better against AV14 only. Against AV13 it's rolling the same to Pen, and against AV12 or under it's worse. Unless you're facing Land Raider spam or a wall of Russes, it's a bit lacklustre.
    for comparisons sake vs low armour vehicles enither is an ideal weapon, vs mid armour the lascannon does come out a head, vs high armour 14/15 the lance has the advantage.

however it is worth noting that the higher av are often much more expensive, landraiders are costed at 250ish compared to most av12 sitting around 100pts. I personnally would rather my heavist weapon could counter the higher armour values rather than being a better all round weapon, which is why I feel that Dark Eldar are missing the mid range mulitshot weaponry.

although on other notes I do wish the disintirator didn't outshine every other gun in its class (Mulit lasers heavy bolters, hot shot volly guns even to a lesser degree assault cannons and the Eldar cannon I can't quite remember the name of).

although on other notes I do wish the disintirator didn't outshine every other gun in its class (Mulit lasers heavy bolters, hot shot volly guns even to a lesser degree assault cannons and the Eldar cannon I can't quite remember the name of).
    It does not. The Dissi is the dark eldars "plasma". You compare it to cheap anti-horde weapons (which DE do not even have, that is why you confused it). You have to compare it to Plasma Cannons (blast, S7) and Starcannons (2 shots S6). The Dissi has less S than the others but a higher number of shots.
    The problem is that this weapon is exclusive to our anti-tank vehicles which makes it quite bad as we have to decide between anti-elite infantry weapons or anti-tank-MC and elite infantry weapons. thas why the dissi loses out.

Quote Originally Posted by Havik110 View Post
    and lets not even get into how you hit in fantasy and 40k...this is where Privateer has it right...my ability to hit you has nothing to do with your ability to hit me...it has everything to do with my ability to dodge or parry, on top of general speed, and how well i hide...in shot defense...

GW was so interested in streamlining the game that they have obvious problems...how is it that a space marine can hit a banshee as easily as she can hit him...one of the combatants is 7-8 feet tall in armor and weighs over a 1000 pounds in at armor...one may be tall but is much faster and specializes in blade weaponry, ONE specific blade to be specific...it should be much harder to hit the banshee (she uses her defense to survive), but if you do hit her, that chain sword that weighs more than her is probably gonna splat her...as opposed to the space marine that is relatively easy to hit for the banshee to hit but much harder to wound due to thick armor ( i understand her power weapon slices up the armor but only if it can get through it...)
    They're both going for very different things, though. That's an argument of their stats, though I do personally think WS is surprisingly unimportant in CC, my WS2 Conscripts are hitting Marines on the same dice other Marines are, the only difference is that the Marines hit back on 3s, not 4s. IMO it should cover a broader range, an average human is shown in a lot of Black Library books to be utterly outclassed by Marines if he doesn't want to get hit, and a human would never land a hit on a Banshee if she was even half awake.

Privateer have a good system, but it could never work for a blob of Conscripts hitting a target, it's designed for a much smaller scale.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Dissi
    Please never write that word again. I don't want to have to gouge out my own eyeballs.

You compare it to cheap anti-horde weapons (which DE do not even have,
    Splinter cannon and shredders aren't exactly expensive.

Splinter cannon and shredders aren't exactly expensive.
    10 to 15 points for a weapon that wounds T3 on a 4+ is not exactly cheap.

Six shots, though.

Same as 2 heavy bolters with less S and less AP. Not cheap at all.
    Especially if you are limited to vehicles to actually get 6 shots.

It does not. The Dissi is the dark eldars "plasma". You compare it to cheap anti-horde weapons (which DE do not even have, that is why you confused it). You have to compare it to Plasma Cannons (blast, S7) and Starcannons (2 shots S6). The Dissi has less S than the others but a higher number of shots.
    The problem is that this weapon is exclusive to our anti-tank vehicles which makes it quite bad as we have to decide between anti-elite infantry weapons or anti-tank-MC and elite infantry weapons. thas why the dissi loses out.
    you will remember if you played the old book it has 2 modes...

1 was blast ST7 AP2
    the other was 3 shots st4 ap3

so yes, dissys were our plasma cannons minus Gets hot...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast