BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 116 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1201

Lots of attention on the Simarites so far, which is fair enough - and I quite like them, although not enough to make me think THIS IS MY NEW ARMY - but those Khornates are the ****in' bomb.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Very interesting... GW does such an excellent job at controlling information that I can't find anyone who knows if this replaces WFB 9th or if it is another side game. From a new player recruitment stand point I think this looks really promising. Should appeal to the younger crowd and hopefully breath new life into things.

It always takes me a good while to wrap my mind around major aesthetic shifts so I won't be able to say if I really like the Sigmarites for a few months... heck it took me forever to get used to the new Dreadnought design when it came out in the early 90s.
    Managers are off to Nottinghams today....

I may have to bribe mine with bacon.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

The pictures of Age of Sigmar has caused an uproar on Facebook. Holy crabs. Never seen so much nerd rage in all my gaming life. More nerd rage then in here and that says a lot. Lol.

Like I said on Facebook, I truly hope that these new Sigmar Knight guys are not replacing The Empire. That they are just a new fraction. And that the rest of the new Warhammer fantasy models don't look like Space Marines or "Warhammer 10k". I agree that they look a lot like Warmachine models and a bit of Steampunk effects. I hope to God the guy on the large thunder cat isn't Karl Franz. Maybe he's Sigmar himself. I could dig that...
    It's like killing two hobbits with one stone...
    And remember, there is no "I" in team but there is a "ME".

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by flipchuck View Post
    The pictures of Age of Sigmar has caused an uproar on Facebook. Holy crabs. Never seen so much nerd rage in all my gaming life. More nerd rage then in here and that says a lot. Lol.

Like I said on Facebook, I truly hope that these new Sigmar Knight guys are not replacing The Empire. That they are just a new fraction. And that the rest of the new Warhammer fantasy models don't look like Space Marines or "Warhammer 10k". I agree that they look a lot like Warmachine models and a bit of Steampunk effects. I hope to God the guy on the large thunder cat isn't Karl Franz. Maybe he's Sigmar himself. I could dig that...
    The nerd rage i've seen seems to be among those people that haven't accepted that Fantasy is dead and this is something else. There are still a lot of people in denial, saying that there is no way GW is ditching the armies as we know them, and this first release is shattering that denial.

Because in a reboot, you just basically update the game. You keep the same names, same groups, same theme, same world...you just make some changes. Some adjustments. In a reboot, you don't make a complete new game and change everything and try to pass it off as the same game as before. And judging from the new Age of Sigmar pictures it looks like they turned Warhammer Fantasy into Warmachine/ Hordes and saying it's just aa reboot when in fact, it's a different game altogether. So far, the difference between 8th and 9th is like the difference between Warhammer Fantasy and Warmachine.
    There are different levels of reboot. Some are soft reboots, like Jurassic World, where the previous stuff happened but isn't really acknowledged and the new product returns to the original concept. And then there are hard reboots, and AoS looks to be one of those. It's still a fantasy miniatures game. But aside from that core remaining the same, it's very different.
    The latest batch of rumours certainly seem to be stressing the Warmachine aspects of AoS. Now we just have to wait and see if that's true or just someone looking for 5 seconds of internet fame like Steve.
    Last edited by Spider-pope; 06-28-2015 at 11:41 AM.
    Warseer refugee.

Brother-Captain

It's entirely possible that the "Sigmarites" aren't replacing the Empire but are an indeed a whole new faction. GW may have gone "full Space marines" with these guys and there's some sort of fluff similarities as well as aesthetic ones.

Also whoever is sitting on the cat thingy, it's a nice looking model.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    It's entirely possible that the "Sigmarites" aren't replacing the Empire but are an indeed a whole new faction.
    this.

as for the death of Fantasy, we still don't know what the new game will actually be, a lot of rumours have said you will still be able to use current armies etc. so 'death' seems a bit premature
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Managers are off to Nottinghams today....

I may have to bribe mine with bacon.
    Today? That's weird; mine's not gone until Tuesday. I assumed it was a nationwide thing, but I guess the revamp of Warhammer World didn't include "expanded conference room"?

Yeah, my local GW Manager is off to Notts today too. Luckily I don't have to bribe him with Bacon, I just don't blab what he tells me.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

I bribe with Bacon because it's good manners.

Bad TDA, DIRTY TDA! IN YOUR BED, ON YOUR RUG!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

They just took a game with 30 years of history being on a certain world and playing a certain style, blew up the world, changed the game style, and are completely over time redoing the design of the armies and models. Yeah, I'd say it's understandable. (Though it's funny that I bet a lot of the people complaining haven't had as much time and money invested as some of us have.)

But if you haven't seen that much or more, then you don't follow Star Wars, where Disney's decision to take the former novels and comics and games and such and make them non-canon upset a lot of people (and led to the funny situation where they have a game ongoing with new story being added that isn't canon).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    this.

as for the death of Fantasy, we still don't know what the new game will actually be, a lot of rumours have said you will still be able to use current armies etc. so 'death' seems a bit premature
    A lot of rumors have said a lot of things that we've already seen aren't true. So... yeah, not taking rumors as indication of anything any more. Of all the rumors coming out, I never got a vibe from them that GW was going to try to out-do Warmachine in having oversized models on round bases with an over-the-top aesthetic.

But hey, to quote one GW manager, "Finally I might get the Warmachine crowd back!"