BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Battle-Brother

I think red stands out too much. I suggest you do your scything talons black.
    Anyway they look really nice.

the red makes them look a bit like christmas nids. i think the bone one looks better.

Librarian

Well, I've just been to the pub (working, although all my wages went back into the till....) I can't make this decision after drinking, but I have to say, the responses have been varied.

Some like it red, other don't

my own personal pro/con list goes as such:

• I like the fact that the red is so vivid they look like murderous weapons.
    • I also like the fact that the red scythes are "eye candy" and make the model look nice.
    • I don't like the idea of red claws and hooves - they will make the scythes "make sense" but will draw too much attention away from the rest of the model.
    • I like that the bone weapons look like they are part of the monster.
    • I also like that the bone weapons are not a "christmas scheme"
    • I don't like the way the bone scythes look too similar to the body colour (although this isnt a problem in the forgeworld model - I think they just do it better)

I am truly at a loss wih this one. may have to take a break and work out what i like/dislike with these models

I might even finish off the "red scythed" model with claws and hooves just to see what it looks like as a whole. will be back with pics of that 2moro.

Cheers for the posts, and kind compliments.

TSINI
    Last edited by TSINI; 01-21-2010 at 09:58 PM.
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Librarian

Truly awesome, man. Looks very nice, your painting skill kicks the *** of mine.

I like the red talons, it's vividness emphasizes it's lethality IMO.

Again, consider that there is a spectrum of choices between bone white and blood red to pick from, you're free to mute the color as much as necessary to take away just as much attention as you want and not a bit more.

Brother-Sergeant

Looks good to me, I'm thinking about starting 'nids and I've been attracted to bone coloured skin. As to how to paint the scythes, this is Warhammer! What do we use to decide things in Warhammer? Dice! On a 4+ go red and anything else go bone/white
    "What is the air speed of an unladen valkyrie?"
    "Lucian or Martian pattern valkyrie?"

Veteran-Sergeant

I don't know is this is a silly answer, but why not change your carapace to red?
    nice painting btw,

- Lindargo

Veteran-Sergeant

I like the scheme a lot. It pops very well.

A far as the talons go I would use a gradient based on the tan color and then go from a darker version to almost white at the tips and edge or just the opposite. This will help them stand out but not look like hes had his nails done.

I would also pink up the tongue and inside of the mouth and gums to set off the teeth and feature the head a bit more.

Post the army when you get it done, plz. I'm sure we would all love to see it.

Battle-Brother

amazing paint job - the green/bone is a winner, and the bone talons definately suit.
    def looks better without the red, perhaps if you're really after somthing extra - a yellow section down the carapace? or a purple under belly? :P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123