BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

That's not what I said, I said the majority of complaining is coming from a competitive minority, and the average player just doesn't care.
    The competitive crowd does not care at all. These people already have their balancing mechanisms and comps. Not different from any Tournament... ever.
    Every system had to be houseruled (comp, FAQ, rewording of rules,..) till date, this is nothing new. So why do you think that these people who used to houserule everything to create somewhat balanced games suddenly stop it and complain about the lack of balance? Isn't that a bit far fetched?
    In fact it is the average player complaining. The guys that have a hard time judging units and rules and just stick to the rules.

We will see what time will bring, but I can't see AOS generating way more profit that WHFB. The only way it could work for them is keeping it small and phasing out all old products over time so you are stuck with 4 - 6 units per race which will cost quite a lot of money but removes the hassle to maintain a broad set of units and races.

And just because you and three others jump at everyone daring to say "I don't like it" that doesn't make you a majority and it doesn't make you "right".

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    The overall vibe from both sides of the issue feels like this...

awesome. and vury true

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    It's okay, the lesser-minded people tend to try to mock the more intelligent people in any community. I just feel sorry for you.

- - - Updated - - -
    ohhhhh erik. whatever you do, dont give anyone a reason to like you. On the upside, I find your responses funny for showing that you lack any sort of real social skills.

Doubt the balancing scenarios will do the job well enuff.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    It's called Imperial for a reason, colonial simpleton
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Dont-Be-Haten View Post
    Oh come on man. Everyone know's you're all doom and gloom. It's like who's thread is Erik going to hijack today? Or how much more butt hurt can one man be? I've seen your uncountable thread jacks, posts about lamenting on being a gamer and the hatred for everything tabletop made by some British company. It gets old. I know you're just using this place as an outlet due to all your IRL problems, but c'mon man. I've given you the benefit of the doubt before, but really I just shut down now when I start reading your posts. When one of my IRL friends who's not seen your posts or rants before starts complaining about all your negativity, I just laugh and say, "Oh that's Erik being Erik."
    BZZZZTTTTT......

Yeah, I'm "negative" here, because of people like you. I could say some good things about AoS, but the reality is that it has some serious flaws, and it's fair game to point those out. But the moment someone does, you and other people like you jump all over them. You claim such people are a "small minority" and yet that's clearly not true. You make outrageous claims, you act offensive, and then you want me to be sunshine, rainbows, and lollipops? No.

"Erik being Erik" is, as those who actually know me will say, "a nice chap who doesn't really care about other people disliking honesty and isn't afraid to say how he feels, which might seem harsh to people who want to be offended, but if they're not looking to be offended, they'll find he's a friendly fellow who's fun to game against and even chat about the games with." I mean, heck, I was just invited to join a local Facebook group for 30K players a couple days ago, a guy sent me a message and said, "Hey, we have this group, you should join it." Plenty of fun talk about 30K, and I'm actually the least skeptical sounding guy about plastic HH. A guy came to me after a tournament (where we played each other one round... he won, if that matters?), and told me how he enjoys playing against me, because it's a fun experience. I just shared GOG's announcement about old GW computer games on Facebook. When things are right, I might practically gush about them.

But yeah, I will say when something's wrong. I don't care if you don't like it. Your own nasty attitude doesn't mean squat. And I don't care what you think about me, because the people who actually know me like me. Maybe you need the Internet for approval, and that probably says a lot about your need to act like a jerk toward anyone who isn't praising your favorite game as the best thing EVER.

I would much rather just be able to point out my issues with the game in a rational discussion, but you have no interest in rational discussion, just doing your best impression of a troll or a Donald Trump level [insert appropriate term that would likely be filtered].

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    The competitive crowd does not care at all. These people already have their balancing mechanisms and comps. Not different from any Tournament... ever.
    Have you not seen the book burnings or the model burning or the other /ragequit /GWquit YouTube Videos or Blogs? Or the massive amounts of Competitive Fantasy Armies flooding the internet flea-markets? While not all are, it mostly is competitive army builds going up for sale, not collections. So I have to disagree with you a bit there.

On a side note: I LoL'd Mystery.
    -insert epic signature-

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    But that doesn't really work, because those scenarios almost certainly tell you what models to take... so "balanced" games will only happen when you take the exact number of models you're supposed to for a specific scenario? That's... boring, at best. And leaves out a lot of armies.
    Yeah, no.

One of those battleplans can be seen on Lady Atias twitter and there are no mentions fractions or unit restrictions or even as much as suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaric View Post
    ohhhhh erik. whatever you do, dont give anyone a reason to like you. On the upside, I find your responses funny for showing that you lack any sort of real social skills.
    Actually, I have a lot more social skills than I give myself credit for. But I do poorly with people being stupid, boring, or dishonest. When you hit all three marks, as some people like "Dont-be-Haten" has, you're just really going to annoy me. I'm amazed people accept stupidity, boredom, and dishonesty as things that should be tolerated. If a group requires someone to be stupid or dishonest in order to socialize with them, such a group isn't worth socializing with.

The dishonesty, if nothing else, of the people screaming about how AoS is THE BEST GAME EVER and totally balanced and no one's got a problem with it, is really offensive to me. Am I not allowed to be insulted by dishonesty? How am I the person lacking social skills when someone responds to a tidal wave of people having issues with a game by claiming those people don't exist? Can you imagine doing that in an actual conversation? Staring at a group of people and saying that because their opinion differs from yours, they don't exist?

As for people liking me... Got plenty of those. Not that it matters. If your self-worth is dictated by others' opinion of you, that's going to lead to a lot of bad decisions. That's where all these body issues and other social problems come from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Shut View Post
    Yeah, no.

One of those battleplans can be seen on Lady Atias twitter and there are no mentions fractions or unit restrictions or even as much as suggestions.
    Okay, so they're not meant to balance, just provide alternate ideas for battle other than "go toward the other guy and kill him." Doesn't solve the balance issue, but it does at least add some variety to the games. Hope they'll release those online.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Alaric View Post
    Doubt the balancing scenarios will do the job well enuff.

It still seems weird to me that they've started this game out with what is essentially an old school historical mindset.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    It still seems weird to me that they've started this game out with what is essentially an old school historical mindset.
    It seems to me to be something Jervis would do ... and he still works there. So this is not surprising to me. There is an article he did in 2002 citadel journal you can google up where he talks about his disdain for points systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Dont-Be-Haten View Post
    Have you not seen the book burnings or the model burning or the other /ragequit /GWquit YouTube Videos or Blogs? Or the massive amounts of Competitive Fantasy Armies flooding the internet flea-markets? While not all are, it mostly is competitive army builds going up for sale, not collections. So I have to disagree with you a bit there.

On a side note: I LoL'd Mystery.
    It is a bit hard to voice your opinion. If you invested decades in a game you like, the game gets 99% changed with only the models remaining and you say "This is stupid, I quit". It is called "ragequitting".
    One guy overreacting in a very strange way makes up for "all the model burning".

Competitive armies go up on ebay every single edition swap or power level adjustment. This is nothing new and a big part of the competitive cycle.
    This money is used to buy the new hotness.

So what is allowed to say? Any form of critizism is beeing jumped on with an absoulte stupid "If you don't like every singe aspect of the game just leave! Nobody needs you as a customer!"

Friendly reminder: Fantasy died because of too few customers. You need to get every person possible into this new game to prevent it from dying as well.
    So how about talking about what has to change to draw in sceptical people (or even ones that are pissed that their favorite game is beeing replaced) instead of attacking anyone how dares to speak out against allmighty GW?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast