BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Don't most summoning spells have specific numbers? I know the undead do. I know the Chaos Lord's reinforcement ability has no limit, and that isn't summoning. That needs rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Glacius View Post
    Don't most summoning spells have specific numbers? I know the undead do. I know the Chaos Lord's reinforcement ability has no limit, and that isn't summoning. That needs rules.
    If there are specific numbers those override the basic rules but the basic summoning rules cover things like chaos lords by imposing the limit. In our system, a chaos lord is 1 point so can summon 1 active unit at a time. It counts as summoning even though its called "reinforcements".

Anything that adds units to the table is a form of summoning.

Added version 1.11b to the site which added version information to file and a date published as well as a twitter address to follow to know when changes happen (@Auticus) and an email to send feedback to.

After reviewing the stats available from the App, I think it may be a 4 for the Celestant on Dracoth. Probably a 3 on foot? I agree with the rest, though!

Quote Originally Posted by paramitas View Post
    Hi there, thanks so much for Azyr Comp. It's the best that I've seen so far. I hope it continues to evolve.

Looking forward to the new units' comp next week. In the interim, would love your preliminary views on whether any of the following need modification:

Lord-Celestant on Dracoth - 3
    Lord-Relictor - 1
    Liberators - 1 for 5
    Prosecutors - 1 for 3
    Retributors - 1 for 3
    Mighty Lord of Khorne - 2
    Bloodsecrator - 1
    Bloodstoker - 1
    Blood Warriors - 1 for 5
    Bloodreavers - 1 for 10
    Khorgoraths - 2

Greetings!

We have uploaded our update this morning. It tweaks a few things (abomination 4 points, tomb kings sphix 4 points, cleaned up rules on scoring and cover, added sigmarites and the new khorne models)

The next update won't be for a bit and will be adding "half points" to further balance down the units.

Thanks for your feedback! We are also at work on a fall campaign set on the Burning Peninsula using this comp system and when that is complete it will also be made public.

Feedback should go to [email][email protected][/email]

Thanks!

Hey Auticus, great job on this. This composition is the standard for playing AoS at our LGS.

A couple things I should mention for suggestions: the Dwarf Engineer needs to be cheaper than Grimm Burloksson. At this point there is no reason to not take Grimm as he does everything the Engineer does, but better. I think keep Grimm at 2 points, and make the Engineer 1 point?

The name for the Stormcast Eternals page bugs me. They are not called 'Sigmarites'. Sigmarite is the name of the metal their weapons and armour is made of. They are the Stormcast Eternals.

Other than that great stuff. I check this thread regularly for updates.

Slaan priest is there, its listed as 3 points.

The dwarf debate went on for a while. It was 1 point. Then raised up because of its ability to heal. Its more like 1.5 points with the playtesters torn back and forth on its value in the current system.

We are working on a half point system now. This involves applying our initial math formula to everything and then trying to point out abilities. This will give us an idea on where the models sit in tiers.

To give an example... a hero that scores between 1 and 100 was Tier 1, 101 and 200 was Tier 2...etc. We're going to add a middle point in there so that 1 and 50 is one, 51 and 100 is 1.5 etc.

The formula is long and based on calculating the worth of all the hard math and then adding in the abstract factor for things like summoning, how many spells you can cast, and other misc abilities. Once that is complete I think that the system will be very close and I plan on also releasing the Asqyth Comp system...which is basically those raw point values so that you can make precision lists if you so desire as opposed to general lists from Azyr.

There is a new campaign pack being penned now that uses this system and I will also have that posted when complete, though that will be a bit.

Thank you for the feedback I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Auticus View Post
    Slaan priest is there, its listed as 3 points.
    It seems very well thought out and is a wonderful system. Thanks a ton for doing it.

Is there a rationale behind not considering the Lizardman Priests as Heros?

They are heroes. I think the formatting for lizardmen got screwed when it went to pdf. I'll look at it

Thank you for the feedback!

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast