BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Horus Heresy is coming for Christmas.
    if this isn't true I will have to devour your soul.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

There'll be a line.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

too late, I called it.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I'll just happily sit back and watch the devouring.

Do we have any idea when AoS will take a break and 40k stuff will be released again? September? October? It's been pretty quiet on the rumor front since Dark Angels.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    Do we have any idea when AoS will take a break and 40k stuff will be released again? September? October? It's been pretty quiet on the rumor front since Dark Angels.
    I'm cool if they take a massive 40k break. That being said from a corporate prospective I think this year's releases will track with how well AoS is received at large. If it is a big success I expect them to follow it up with more AoS releases, if it debuts a little soft I suspect they have some high value 40k releases they can use to prop up the bottom line and satisfy investors.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

First-Captain

Tau will be next for 40K, not sure they'll get much new though, possibly just another "Codex and Cards" codex release. Looking like October for that, Age of Sigmar has a lot to get through release-wise.

They have a few years of releases planned, more campaign books like the first one will tell the story as it unfolds across the Realms, they're sticking with it and pushing it hard, if in a few years time its not looking like its working, they'll reassess but for now they're going full tilt at it.
    Last edited by Path Walker; 07-20-2015 at 10:14 AM.

Chapter-Master

I'm seriously pulling for AoS to be a hit as I think it has the potential to generate more innovation and new stuff than the standard rehashing of armies in 40k. That being said I really, really want them to actually get through a full codex cycle using the same design philosophy this time and I worry that the longer 40k is shelved the more likely we are to see a direction change before they do!
    Last edited by 40kGamer; 07-20-2015 at 10:18 AM.
    My Truescale Insanity

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    I'm seriously pulling for AoS to be a hit as I think it has the potential to generate more innovation and new stuff than the standard rehashing of armies in 40k. That being said I really, really want them to actually get through a full codex cycle using the same design philosophy this time and I worry that the longer 40k is shelved the more likely we are to see a direction change before they do!
    For them to use the same design philosophy they'd have to go back and redo some of the first 7th edition codices. They changed the philosophy within the first year of 7th edition releases. I don't think they're going to get through an entire cycle with the same philosophy. They'd have to rush through them before they change their ideas, and do new versions of very recent books. And with no new models to release alongside the codices, I doubt that's going to happen.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    For them to use the same design philosophy they'd have to go back and redo some of the first 7th edition codices. They changed the philosophy within the first year of 7th edition releases. I don't think they're going to get through an entire cycle with the same philosophy. They'd have to rush through them before they change their ideas, and do new versions of very recent books. And with no new models to release alongside the codices, I doubt that's going to happen.
    History is definitely on your side. They've not managed to keep the same design philosophy for a full update cycle in forever so there's no reason to expect it now.
    My Truescale Insanity

Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast