BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default AoS Conversions: Thunder Warriors

Figured I run them as 'counts as' GK Paladins, as the statline feels about right for the Thunder Warrior fluff (psychic powers counting as early transhuman proto-geneseed manipulations). Going to eventually convert up another five; one to be the squad leader, the other four with modified Heavy Bolters to count as Psycannon.

On a side note: what lovely models the Stormcast Eternals are. What lovely, lovely models.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Looking good!

What's the story behind those backpacks? Dig the upwards pointing vents, might be stealing that visual.

Chapter-Master

they look good. one thought I had seeing the stormcast models, get the ones with a two handed hammer, mark four marine helmet, bulk out the back, swap hammer head for blade, plastic Emperor's Children phoenix terminators.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

What's the story behind those backpacks? Dig the upwards pointing vents, might be stealing that visual.
    [url=http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/Exo-Lords/Torsos-and-Power-Plants/Fusion-Power-Plant]The ever-dependable Anvil Industries.[/url] I didn't want to just use a Marine backpack, because, well, Mk1 armour isn't really marine armour at all. I thought these alternates work a lot better - they're a little too big for regular marines, which means they fit the Stormcast perfectly... Although you've got to shave off quite a bit of their shoulder pads' trim to get the backpack flush.

one thought I had seeing the stormcast models, get the ones with a two handed hammer, mark four marine helmet, bulk out the back, swap hammer head for blade, plastic Emperor's Children phoenix terminators.
    DAMN, sister.

Totally stealing that idea. That is a great idea.

Brother-Captain

I'd toss an extra highlight on the armour. The faces and weapons look great, but the armour looks a bit flat in comparison.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

That's the fault of the overlighting. There's a good deal more depth to the armour plating in person.

Chapter-Master

they do look interesting, a nice idea. they don't scream thunder warrior to me though, not sure what they are best used for. I would be curious to see them in death guard colours and dirtied up a bit.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

These look pretty awesome. I was considering doing something similar and using them as Blood Angels.