BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Cerastus Knight Lancer - Afrikadia Korps

Hello,

I recently decided to repaint my old loyalist imperial guard (Astra Militarum for the young bloods) army: the Afrikadia Korps. The basic concept of this army is the look of Rommel’s Afrika Korps (ww2) adapted to the 40th millenium (so yes with lasgun^^). I’m not really proud of the paint job on this army as it was my beginning with vehicles weathering. So after learning a lot while painting my renegade "Blood Pact" army, I've decided that I should start planning in the future to upgrade it to a better painting level. One of the things I’m really proud with this army however are the conversions.

Anyway, to give you a preview of what I’d like my new Afrikadia Korps to look like, I decided to build a Cerastus Knight Lancer. The story behind this model is that it belongs to a former Knight pilot who kept its baby titan in a barn in the ranch where he retired after long years of service to the imperium. As a result, the titan is heavily weathered and didn’t have any of the common Knight heraldry as the knight is officially retired. Let just say he kept it by emotional attachment like an old soldier would keep its uniform but without the ranks. And one never knows, he may need it one day.

Enough talks, here are the pics.

So let me know what you think about the color scheme, the weathering, etc.

Have a nice day,
    Kibo
    Last edited by Kibo; 08-07-2015 at 01:57 AM.
    #SimpleAsWar
    https://www.facebook.com/simpleaswar

Love it!