BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Chaplain

what one is the smaller suit?

currently working on a line of sci-fi bunkers and tunneling, input always appreciated

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrendian View Post
    uh... wait... could someone explain to me why I should use that Webway Shunt Generator? Being Jump means it can move 12" anyway, without scattering afterwards... and the ability to move it into Ongoing Reserves is... uh marginal at best? What am I missing?
    Deathshroud cannon seems pretty nice though...
    You could move through impassable or line of sight blocking terrain?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by archimbald View Post
    what one is the smaller suit?
    That's the ghostkeel with its cockpit open

Chaplain

thanks

currently working on a line of sci-fi bunkers and tunneling, input always appreciated

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    You could move through impassable or line of sight blocking terrain?
    can't you do that with Jump as well, as in jump over it? Or am I going crazy? Either way, that's incredibly disappointing, seeing what the puny Mon-Keigh can do with their Shunt thingy on the Dreadknight...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

can't you do that with Jump as well, as in jump over it? Or am I going crazy? Either way, that's incredibly disappointing, seeing what the puny Mon-Keigh can do with their Shunt thingy on the Dreadknight...
    I think it's a Pseudo hit and run for the Wraithknight.

Seems the main use it's just to warp out of combat within 12" as long you not land on enemy units or impassable terrain.

This literally allow the knight to ignore Melee combat on his phase and get an extra round of firing it's weapons before charge back again. Wich seems to make sense since this variant lacks melee weapons.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Perversor View Post

Seems the main use it's just to warp out of combat within 12" as long you not land on enemy units or impassable terrain.

This literally allow the knight to ignore Melee combat on his phase and get an extra round of firing it's weapons before charge back again. Wich seems to make sense since this variant lacks melee weapons.
    THey could have just given it hit and run like warp spiders do. Reading the terrible picture it seems incredibly disappointing considering the horror that a "Warp Spider Wraithknight" conjures up in the minds of Eldar foes.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

uh... wait... could someone explain to me why I should use that Webway Shunt Generator? Being Jump means it can move 12" anyway, without scattering afterwards... and the ability to move it into Ongoing Reserves is... uh marginal at best? What am I missing?
    The teleport itself is useless. The real deal is the ability to disappear and deep strike the next turn anywhere on the battle field (Jump Gargantuan). So basically it can jump anywhere in lieu of shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Perversor View Post

I don't think you can use it while being in close combat. Can you?
    Last edited by Hendarion; 10-18-2015 at 10:36 PM.

Being able to jump off the board and into Reserves is quite handy, especially as I assume it can arrive back by Deep Strike.

Can save it from being bogged down by infantry, or getting its head kicked in by something nasty.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Being able to jump off the board and into Reserves is quite handy, especially as I assume it can arrive back by Deep Strike.

Can save it from being bogged down by infantry, or getting its head kicked in by something nasty.
    There's not much in the game that can kick in a WK's head with any degree of reliability outside of some of the greater daemons and some terminators or some such - but the thing is that a WK is, by itself, mobile enough to aviod any threats like that quite easily usually. Which makes the shunt even more head-scratching in its desired use-case. Why would I risk wounding my WK's doing something stupid *like moving at all*

The whole redeployment thing is a mixed bag and you're basically sacrificing a round of shooting to do something that is of marginal use in the first place for a model with a 2x 48" MASSIVE BLAST shots. If this thing had some Str D CCW then I might think twice about it since it could get you a reliable 3rd turn charge - but again, a regular WK is usually charging by turn 2 anyways.

I just can't see a reason to take this thing over a normal WK honestly and that's pretty sad because when I conjure up mental images of "Warp Spider Wraithknight" I get a funny feeling in the naughty zone.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I just can't see a reason to take this thing over a normal WK honestly and that's pretty sad because when I conjure up mental images of "Warp Spider Wraithknight" I get a funny feeling in the naughty zone.
    wel... we haven't seen the rules for that fusion gun have we? And the Deathspinnerthingamajik looks very nice... so the guns may well be the reason to take this thing, probably besides a regular one to cover you Dirty D Needs
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast