BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Allies of Convenience question

If Orks are my primary detachment, (My Warboss being my Warlord and such) can I take a detachment of Chaos Space Marines and a detachment of Elder, even though Elder and CSM are Apocalypse allies, but at the same time they can both ally with the Orks outside of an Apocalypse game? (CSM being Allies of Convenience and Elder being Desperate Allies?) Don't get me wrong I love my Green Tide but hey even Orks need a little help getting a Waaaaaagh! started.

Yes you can, there's nothing stopping you taking "Come the Apoc" allies. You will just have to be careful to remember your rules and do run the risk of your entire army freezing up at some point if they all get too close.

One thing I would suggest though, come up for a story for it, don't just do it to win more games.
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Oh hell that won't be hard, i'm a Fluff player. I don't give a rats *** if I win I just like doing goofy things with my armies. And okay thank you very much for the answer, I thought you couldn't use Apoc allies outside of actual games that were declared to have Apoc rules. So if I REALLY wanted to I could run regular marines and Orks so long as I follow the rules of keeping them seperated?
    Last edited by Sotane; 12-02-2015 at 09:24 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sotane View Post
    Oh hell that won't be hard, i'm a Fluff player. I don't give a rats *** if I win I just like doing goofy things with my armies. And okay thank you very much for the answer, I thought you couldn't use Apoc allies outside of actual games that were declared to have Apoc rules. So if I REALLY wanted to I could run regular marines and Orks so long as I follow the rules of keeping them seperated?
    It was that way in 6th Edition, it changed in 7th Edition. Review the Allies rules in the rulebook for more information.

Got it, thanks.