BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A question along the the same vein for space wolves:

1) When you buy a thunder hammer and storm shield, are they separate (both for 30) or packaged together (both for 15)

2) When Buying combis does this downgrade the storm bolter to a regular bolter or is a combi stuck on what ever bolter thy are equipped with?

---Rusty

Brother-Captain

Don't know about 1), but I do know on 2). It is a Combi Bolter, unless it specifies "Combi Storm Bolter" so it down grades the bolter portion but gives you the combined portion.

Quote Originally Posted by WH40K_Fight_Club View Post
    A question along the the same vein for space wolves:

1) When you buy a thunder hammer and storm shield, are they separate (both for 30) or packaged together (both for 15)
    All the options in the Space Wolves codex I can think of say "thunder hammer or storm shield," which means yes, you buy them separately. It sounds like you're thinking of the wolf lord entry, which definitely works this way.

Quote Originally Posted by WH40K_Fight_Club View Post
    2) When Buying combis does this downgrade the storm bolter to a regular bolter or is a combi stuck on what ever bolter thy are equipped with?
    Yes, it sidegrades the storm bolter to a regular bolter plus a one-shot melta/flamer/plasma gun. "Combi-melta," "combi-flamer" and "combi-plasma" are all distinct, specific items that consist of a boltgun and a one-shot melta/flamer/plasma gun. "Combi-melta/flamer/plasma" is not code for "whatever your regular weapon is, plus a one-shot melta/flamer/plasma."

Chaplain

here's an interesting thought. if you trade out you Bolt Pistol for a combi bolter, you no longer have a CC weapon...soooo, now you can't attack in CC? eh? eh?
    Officially abandoned a total RG army in light of a single custom marine army i can use for all codecies...what does that make me?

Brother-Captain

They've long ago established that even if the model only has a bolter, or the stats do not have a CCW, the model still gets attacks in close combat based on their profile. They get to use the bolter as a club and butt-stroke someone across the face.

But if you upgrade the bolt pistol to a combi and the figure still has a CCW like a chainsword, they lose would lose any bonuses conferred for having two CCWs.

John M>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12