BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

colour scheme is fantastic
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Great save with the magnets! Very nice looking model.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Thanks everyone! Magnets had me nervous, b/c there's not a ton of surface area for them to grab on to. Fortunately it worked out OK. Did learn that clear plastic melts into a liquid when Dremeled, instead of shredding like gray plastic....
    Check out the blog of unceasing fun, defiantworkshop.blogspot.com!

Chapter-Master

Yikes! Hadn't thought about the dremel effect on clear plastic! I'm usually too lazy to dig mine out so I drill by hand.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Haha...I hadn't considered either. My worst effect was it would gum up from getting hot, but not running like candle wax. The only reason I took the dremel out was because the middle magnet was a good bit larger, don't know the exact size, but drilling would've taken days. Plus, drilling instead of sanding left me with more of a "dome" to put the magnets in, as opposed to a flush area with more contact space, which is why I went with the needle files. Works out great though. Enough "grab" to keep the Stormtalon completely secure and upright, yet gentle enough to take apart and put together that it doesn't disturb the notoriously weak Agrellan Earth underneath.

Here's the finished product, hope you all enjoy! I'll save the bandwidth, you can check out more pictures [url=http://defiantworkshop.blogspot.com/2015/07/model-showcase-stormtalon-games-workshop.html]here.[/url]

Wow, fantastic work. That Crimson Hunter- until you pointed out that you were wearing a purple shirt, I thought you had done the ridges in clear purple! (It was breath-taking I might add). the finished Hunter is Gorgeous!
    I had to laugh a little though, cause that base is hardly Basic! it is a work of art in its own right! I hadn't thought of magnetizing the stands. Great work!
    na na na na na... wut?

Thanks Lurker for the kind comments!

I wish I could keep posting more on here...but I bounce from Warhammer to several other types of models as well. Just b/c I'm silent on here doesn't mean I'm not active!

Dang, its been ages since I've posted here. Staying busy with Sigmar on one hand, getting ready for new things on the other. In the meantime, finished the GK HQs for a client over the weekend:

He wanted cork board style bases to match his existing army, so I broke up some that I had laying around and pinned the models to it. Not bad for a quick two day project.
    Last edited by defiantworkshop; 10-19-2015 at 12:34 PM.

Been away with a bunch of other projects...just finished up some commissions and have a regional model contest I've done some sci fi work for, but I'm managing to squeeze in a mini every now and again. Started work on the Eversor Assassin. There was a song back in the day I listened to that had some really cool mental imagery it made, and this guy played the part of a character in it very well...modified, spindly, death dealer. I wanted to go with a futuristic cyber stealth suit look, rather than the traditional look, to fit the character I have in my head.

First things first, I decided to work on the base. The structure that comes with him is pretty cool, and I like the departure GW has with adding a bit of scenery to their figures, but the structure doesn't cover the whole works of the actual base. A lot of shots have it just texture painted in the negative space, but I went a step further. First thing I did was get some diamond treadplate styrene sheet and cut it to shape, glue to the base, and sand it to fit the circle. Then I added some strips of styrene and randomly hacked away at them and glued them down:

Then I dremeled/sanded the edges down so they were flush to the base after that. I dislike the aesthetic of having things hang off the edges.

And it looks much better after priming!

Also primed up the Assassin himself, but nothing out of the ordinary here.

Thanks for looking!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast