BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

I would be curious to know if you are playing Tyranids and your ruling on "Doom"

-Me: Non-Tyranids player, I don't think it affects the embarked unit.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I would be curious to know if you are playing Tyranids and your ruling on "Doom"

Duke
    For the most part that seems to be the dividing line. People should probably just d6 for its affects each game.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

First-Captain

renegade there are rules to measure to the unit. The rules specifcally state if any measurement is needed to the unit measure to the hull of the vehicle. Pg 66, it says TO and from the vehicle

Duke
    -Shavnir : Tyranid / Ork player. Nay on Deffrollas on vehicles, the Mawloc needs errata to deep strike on top of enemy units and doom of malan'tai clearly affects embarked units.

One out of three ain't bad eh?

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    renegade there are rules to measure to the unit. The rules specifcally state if any measurement is needed to the unit measure to the hull of the vehicle. Pg 66, it says TO and from the vehicle
    And the part where it states things like Doom effecting said unit? ( I will find my rule book, and if that is just a snippet that leaves out any important info, like being for embarkation of/or disembarkation from a vehicle, count yourself as off my xmas card list.)

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    And the part where it states things like Doom effecting said unit? ( I will find my rule book, and if that is just a snippet that leaves out any important info, like being for embarkation of/or disembarkation from a vehicle, count yourself as off my xmas card list.)
    Nope its not being taken out of context. I'm at work so I don't have the exact quote but it basically goes something along the lines of "Except for the unit's shooting when you need to measure range to a unit embarked in a vehicle use the hull of the vehicle". This is a case where you need to measure range to the unit (note, not to a model!). This is the same rule that would allow for psychic hoods to work from inside transports (although as I realized recently, I'm not even sure if that should work. Do psychic hoods measure range from the hood bearer itself or from the unit the hood bearer is in?)

Has anyone read any of the threads here? Come on the new people to the debate are rehashing old agruments that have been debated very clearly by a few people here.

Go back to page one and start reading. Right now, the new people are looking foolish since what they are saying right now, have already been debated and most times have been proven wrong.

Duke
    Our local nid player voluntarily offered ot ignore units in transports, if by voluntarily you mean after the local mechanised SM player laid a crowbar on the table and the mech IG player put on a pair of brass knuckles....

Brother-Sergeant

Wait people actually use the INAT FAQ? I thought it was just some sort of comic relief. Haha

Come on seriously? Spotting tests for Hive Guard? My favorite is when they pull a rule out their *** and state so--rules change. Good intentions, but people look up to you, you should not create bull**** rules judgments. Isn't their GT supposed to be home to the strongest competition?

Oh and GW does not use yakkface anymore so stop saying that.

You cannot compare the Mawloc to this. They are in no way similar. The Mawloc is removed from the table (the unit is removed from the table, as well as the model) and placed into reserve. By definition, if it is in Reserve, it isn't on the table.

Units in transports is a different matter entirely. The embarked unit is inside the transport.

Now again, let us go back to the rules governing transports:

"If players need to measure a range involving the unit (except for its shooting), this range is measured to or from the vehicle's hull"

Now, if somehow you still fail to grasp the implications of this, I'll break it down into smaller chunks.

"If players need to" This is for BOTH players, not just for the owning player.

"measure a range". Fairly simple, yes? We're measuring a range. 6" from the Doom of Malan'Tai.

"involving the unit". Also fairly simple. The embarked unit is non-vehicle, so is involved.

"(except for its shooting)". This isn't the embarked unit shooting. Moving on.

"this range is measured" This is the important part, telling us HOW to measure...

"to and from the vehicle's hull".

We can measure TO, and we can measure FROM, the transport vehicle's hull to determine if the transported unit is within range. If the transport is within range, the embarked unit is within range.

The vehicle itself not being affected is irrelevant, as we have already proven that embarked units don't magically "become one" with their transport.

Robertsjf: I certainly hope you reported threats of violence against persons to the police. Bodily assault is a criminal offence in any country on the planet.

Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast