BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Eldar Nightspinner/Dark Eldar Ravager Rumors

[URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4385111&postcount=1"]Via Axiom[/URL]

I heard last week from an excellent internal source that the following new figures are currently at the moulding room at GW’s manufacturing facility at Lenton. The models are currently being scanned/digitally edited in preparation for tooling, have had / are having the moulds tooled, or first sprues have been produced:

• Eldar Night Spinner (first production sprues). Supposedly this is an add-on sprue to the Falcon kit with a turret similar to the FW kits.
    • Re-cut Vyper (mould tooled). Don’t know if the pilot or gunner have been resculpted.
    • Dark Eldar Ravager (digital editing). Weaponry very much of Eldar aesthetic, a few spikes and what appears to be a sail similar in fashion to a multi-strutted, slightly spiky Eldar BFG wraithship feel.
    If true, this would point to possible updates to BOTH Eldar codices in the 6-12 month timeline. Should be an interesting late 2010.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Occuli Imperator

As a Blood Angels/ Eldar Player I must say that 2010 is shaping up to be my year!

In all honesty though, I think DE are way overdue. I would be very happy if Eldar got a new dex, but I would rather see GK get one so that I can start a GK army.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I would be very happy if Eldar got a new dex, but I would rather see GK get one so that I can start a GK army.

Duke
    Good man. I like to hear that.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Sounds promising I'm dying to see the new DE aesthetic. Not getting too excited until we see some confirmation though...

SQUEE!

If they are doing dark eldar they have to be looking at eldar. They can't for example make dark eldar toughness 4 (silly example) with out adjusting eldars toughness or coming up with a fluffy explanation as to why.

When i heard the rumour of plastic fire prism i did wonder if other turret varients would be added (ala leman russ)

speculating (but trying not to wish list)

most 5th codexes have ways of negating cover from afar. the night spinner may function like a whirlwind. or a hell hound. It's conceivable that with 2 modes of fire it may act as both.

most codexs have ways of modifying leader ship, I expect we may get a physcic power to that effect.

pshycics seem to begetting more powerful. Though eldar can't draw large amounts of energy from the warp ( slanesh badness) we will probably get more powers.

a few codexes have the ability to run 3d6 (highest score on) we have become slower on foot sinsce every one got run

some codexs got the ability to mess up opponents invunerable saves. As eldars thing is causing dammage not taking it it may be conceivable we will get something similar

other than that I expect the few usless options and units will be fixed. The over powered options toned down.

Dave l

I think that dropping both Eldar codex's as a back to back release would be great. I didn't think Eldar were anywhere on there radar but I'm not opposed to the idea. Poor Eldar (and more so Tau) went from being a brutal top tier army to being the guys you kinda feel bad for when 5th ed and some of the new codex's dropped. The way psykers are going with Njal and the Mephiston rumors, Eldrad is is going to be a monster (as he should be).

I don't think Eldar need a release as much as some other armies but they are a pretty popular xenos and they could use a little help so I'm behind the idea.
    letsagetabitarockin!

Occuli Imperator

What was the "fleet," Comment made a while back from GW? Wasn't it "And another fleet based codex out later this year."

If that is so then I can only think of one army (besides nids and Astartes chapters) that is Fleet based... Eldar

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Brother-Sergeant

I don't want to get my hopes up...but a new Codex for either Eldar list would be a pleasant and welcome surprise.

Chapter-Master

I think the fleet based thing was in error. I recall the guy who posted the rumors later saying something like "I never said fleet-based, only that they were 'winging their way' " in reference to some unknown Marine stuff. The fleet based was apparently just some casual speculation that the community latched onto.

I could be remembering wrong, but I think it's a dead end.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Another thing that occurred to me.

Dark eldar long overdue, lots of new models needed, a big job

eldar some tweaks needed to bring in line with 5th, most models not needing updating, quick job

Seems to me it would be sensible to do one after the other to help maintain release schedule. It is likely both would contain identical/similar fluff regarding their history.

also craftword eldar may count as "fleet based" if this rumour has not been totally debunked ( or marine based).

Dave l

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast