BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: How to build IG army

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go all Death Korps because their awesome and who doesn't want to be awesome, Right?

30 63.83%
  • Mix of IG detachments, Krieg, Catachan, Cadian, Steel Legion, etc...

7 14.89%
  • Don't go with DKK or everyone pic ______ instead. (pls post choice and why)

4 8.51%
  • Go play Xenos...

6 12.77%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

DKK are awsome well pretty much any guard army choice is good but i'm a really fan of DKK,Elysians... well pretty much any IG army thats not sold as plastic by gmes workshop

don't know which one to pick for choices so i'm gunna pic the one "Don't go with DKK or everyone pic ______ instead. (pls post choice and why)" but really anything is good as long as they are IG :P
    2nd ultrmarines company along with cadian 111th "big red ones"

Occuli Imperator

Go DKOK all the way! It would look sick! I would give someone full points just for buying the stinkin' thing. yes it would be expensive, but if you just build one 1850 tournie list and stop at that you would be good to go.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Veteran-Sergeant

Go DKoK. That way you can logically add Commander Chenkov. His tactic of throwing troops at the problem until there's no one left would fit in well with the DKoK tactic of throwing troops at the problem until there's no one left.
    92 Golf: Death From Within
    Any plan where you lose your hat is a bad plan.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Go DKOK all the way! It would look sick! I would give someone full points just for buying the stinkin' thing. yes it would be expensive, but if you just build one 1850 tournie list and stop at that you would be good to go.

Duke
    "if...." haha. Duke, you silly man.
    Officially abandoned a total RG army in light of a single custom marine army i can use for all codecies...what does that make me?

Veteran-Sergeant

IG, very original. (SARCASM!!!11!)

Play Dark Eldar.

Occuli Imperator

Yea, I know... the IF is a big one. Still though, go big or go Warmachine!

GW Motto: Why buy one when you can get two for twice the price?!
    Forgeworld Motto: Why buy ten when you can get five for twice the price?!

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

I started in 2E and really liked all five of the classic regiments but the Cadians were the one that appealed to me just a little more than the others. In the long run, that turned out to be a good thing since they have gotten the most love. If you are going to do a Guard army and want the really cool looking FW models, then Krieg or Tallarn are the way to go. Personally, I don't care for the aesthetic of either one because of the weapons. The Krieg lasguns remind me of BAR's and the FW Tallarn rifles remind me of the Tusken Raiders in Star Wars too much.

I don't care for the Elysians so much but that is because the grav chutes did not strike my fancy and some of the models looked a little off for some reason. Just personal taste. However, some of their weapons looked awesome to me. Before the new Codex came out, I was going to give my sergeants, officers, and radio operators all the bullpup lasguns. I used to always field my sergeants with lasguns but now I will have to use CCW and laspistol instead. My old metal Cadians are used as sergeants and corporals in my squads or as vets.

It really comes down to what era you like the most. The Krieg guys are WW1 style, Catachans have the Vietnam-era down, Tallarn and Valhallan do the WW2 look, Praetorians go for the 1800's Zulu War era uniform and so on. Krieg would look great on the table. Personally, I just don't like the WW1 feel from the rifles and big iron-wrapped wheels. Everyone does Cadians so I would say go any other army. One badthing about the Krieg would be if you wanted to do any converting. I have had some fragile resin from FW and it looks like there are some real concerns if you decide to do any converting. On the plus side, though, I can't think of any coverting you would have to do since they have a decent variety of models and plenty of options already.

Chaplain

yeah that was part of my thinking. there would probably be little converting needed as they already look pretty good. just some command conversions maybe. I think i'm going to go with Dukes suggestion and settle on a rough 2K pts as we tend to play 1500 or 2K pts here....so now i'll need help on the list...suggestions of a core 1000 pts?
    Officially abandoned a total RG army in light of a single custom marine army i can use for all codecies...what does that make me?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123