BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most Lethal

My brothers Venerable Dreadnought killed the Fateweaver in one shot from his Lascannon. He hit, he wounded, the Fateweaver failed his 3+ invulnerable, he re-rolled it, failed again, took a leadership test, failed, and away he went. Then came the other player basically reading the whole codex before he would accept that it happened. For me though, my Vets in the Valkyrie with Bastonne blow up just about every vehicle they shoot at the first time. Done it to plenty of Land Raiders and everything else.

Initiate

I would have to say that my flying nun of doom is my most lethal unit. Armed with an eviscerator, she usually takes out a couple of tanks before she dies (if at all). Other than that it would have to be my ork warboss on bike, he ususally goes through 3-4 enemy units before he dies.

Battle-Brother

i have a special genestealer back in previous ed who in one turn when the rest of his squad was taken. He then went out destroyed 2 landspeeders, then ran over a unit of 5 terminators on his own before getting stuck into a devastor squad when the game ended, and no matter what they fired at him he wouldnt die thats why i sometime use him as a broodlord and he is painted red in my black army as a mark of disntinction.

I'm starting to believe it's my Techmarine, because in the last few games in which I have partaken, it seems I roll vastly above average for my bolters across the board. Whatever my Techmarine's secrets are, they sure seem to be working.

EDIT: But as for an actual unit/model... I'd have to say it's my lone shotgun scout, because even though he's alone amidst a mob of bolt pistol/close combat weapon Scouts, he seems to consistently outperform the others... in shooting AND close combat!
    Last edited by Lord Sandwich; 08-07-2009 at 02:11 AM.
    I am the meat.

Brother-Sergeant

Forme its my kommandos led by boss Snikrot. The managed to kill an entire 50 man imperial guard platoon in a single turn(the enemy for some reason didn´t have an comissar).

My Belial with a squad of Terminators (1x TH/SS, 1x TLC, 1x Cyclone missile launcher + TLC, 1x Apothecary + TLC, 1x Deathwing Banner + TLC) and usualy an Interrogator-Chaplain in Terminator armour, sometimes they catch a ride in a Land Raider Crusader.

These guys have killed dozens of Carnifexes, hive tyrants, zoanthropes, marine HQ's and hundreds of normal and chaos marines, gaunts, warriors, guardsmen, eldar guardians etc. Been using them ever since i got the Dark Angels codex on the day it got released and they still have a great appetite.

Brother-Sergeant

Obliterators

Chaplain

I was playing in the Rapid Fire tournament at Games Day Baltimore '09. I went up against an IG player using the new codex. My whole army just seemed to perform better than ever before. It was one of those games where it seemed absolutely everything went in my favor.

Chaplain
    Tactical Squad w/ +5 SM's, Flamer, Missile Launcher
    Tactical Squad w/ +5 SM's, Flamer, Missile Launcher
    Landspeeder w/ Multi-melta

I broke both tactical squads down into combat squads. One combat squad was led by my chaplain and they tore through a good 1/3 of his entire army. The whole game I was raining Frag missiles down onto his squads and not once did I have one scatter. Marbo leaped out and tossed his demo charge onto a combat squad killing 3, but soon got a Krak missile enema.

Game turn 5 - Three objectives on the board, I controlled two, my opponent controlled one. My speeder that was hiding behind a huge rock since turn 2, rushes in to contest his objective, I dig in my other units holding the objectives and everything weathers the storm of his last attempt to grasp victory.

End game - Me: 2, Opponent: 0

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Scout

my lord w/ demon weapon and combi-plas, he's with 5 other termies who sport 4 combi-plas, a heavy flamer and chainfist... this unit has been nothing but nasty.

Battle-Brother

I have a squad of 15 Space Wolf Blood Claws, when they charge (or counter charge, the new rules making this much better) they get 60 attacks. Bolt Pistol and Close Combat Weapon, and they get +2 Attacks on the charge. Its rediculous and is usually enough to hurt or kill a squad of about anything. Not to mention the 15 shots they get before charging.

My Ven Dread has killed a LOT of things in recent games. 2 Bloodthursters, a Land Raider, several Razorbacks and Rhinos, and 2 Masters of the Forge. All this in the last 4 games and he hasnt gotten hurt any worse than Immobilized. Had a good run of it with his lately.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast