BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chaplain

Wait to you can get your greedy little hands on the Vulture with Punisher cannons under the wings.....Heavy 40 anyone?????

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Rosette Soulknyt View Post
    Wait to you can get your greedy little hands on the Vulture with Punisher cannons under the wings.....Heavy 40 anyone?????
    I'm pretty sure that is called a twin linked punisher cannon. The stats are located in the imperial armour update in the downloads section of the forgeworld website.

So its only 20 shots....but reroll your misses. IMHO using 4 multiple rocket pods is a more effective weapon loadout for anti infantry. You can fly 12 inches and fire your heavy bolter as the main weapon and since the rocket pods are strength 4, they count as defensive weapons, so you can fire them too. Just my take on it. The punisher cannons do look awesome though. I think im gonna have to get a set, even if they never get used.

20 almost-guaranteed-to-hit shots have the benefit of devastating any unit with tough invulnerable saves tho, same for cover saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    20 almost-guaranteed-to-hit shots have the benefit of devastating any unit with tough invulnerable saves tho, same for cover saves.
    A twin-linked Heavy 20 will hit with 15 shots on average, not 20 when your BS is 3.

Chaplain

Ooops didnt realise that it would be twin-linked doh.....

But still i like 20 shots that is very good for anti-infantry, and i agree shoot something that much and average 12 to 15 hits and even tough Invulnerable saves just get overwhelmed.
    So need one

Veteran-Sergeant

I've used the 4 Rocket Pod Vulture about 30 times now and its now a cornerstone of my list. Absolutely amazing getting 40+ hits on a unit. This loadout has many advantages over the Punisher loadout but 2nd Vulture will have Punisher cannons for the cool factor.
    "No one hides from the Eye, No one hides from the Sky!"

Average is a solid 15, but it has a very low chance of straying far with that many die rolled, in other words, you're more likely to get 17 hits than 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Subject Keyword View Post
    Wow! Imperial and Ork models!
    This is the last thing I ever expected!
    This is so wonderful! They needed more models more than any other army!
    It good to see that the two most neglected parts of 40k are getting some love.
    They haven't had any for ages and they practically don't exist in battle missions!
    I so happy.

*twitch* *twitch*
    Wait you decided to play a race that consists of everyone that gave up their soul to become an identical soulless robot and then head out to plauge other worlds and you are upset that they have to few units? I'm more suprised that they have as many as they do.

Anyone has actual stats for the venerator? Because... it seems kind of like a landspeeder without flying abilities.

You mean the Venator? They are in the latest Imperial Armour. Which means you hafta buy it.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    @Subject Keyword: Are you drinking and posting AGAIN?
    Yes. Wait... No... I can't remember...

Quote Originally Posted by Fellend View Post
    Wait you decided to play a race that consists of everyone that gave up their soul to become an identical soulless robot and then head out to plauge other worlds and you are upset that they have to few units? I'm more suprised that they have as many as they do.
    You really think I'm talking about Necrons!?!
    I'm talking about every army other than Marines and Orks.

I'm fine with the number of units in my army. A few need their rules tweaked (tweaked, not re-written), the Force Org Chart needs to be shuffled around a little bit, and there are two (2) models that need to be in plastic sets rather than expensive blisters.

That's it. Nothing more.
    Goodbye Bols!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12