BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Hey, how many threads reach 10 pages and seven months without going wildly off topic? Doesn't warrant a lock if people still want to add to it.
    The last post WAS seven months ago before the thread got ressurected. I don't think you noticed that.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

I did, the fact remains it hasn't gone off topic () and that people can add to it if they want. Just becuase you do not want to doesn't mean others won't.

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    The last post WAS seven months ago before the thread got ressurected. I don't think you noticed that.

I agree, the problem is where to find them. All the girls I know that are into the hobby have absolutely no interest in working retail of any sort, let alone in an area where you are likely to be only other female staffer AND unlikely to encounter very many female customers.

With regards to changing image and getting women more involved, having more female employees would certainly help. I see TONS of game shops with women employees, but neither of the GW stores in this area (I'm in Dallas) have any female employees. Not only could they make women a little more comfortable, it could also help fend off the ditzy teenage girls who just want to act foolish. Girl power, so to speak.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Nope, our group doesn't have a female.

Actually tbh my interest in the hobby is waning a bit, not due to the above reason but because of my group. No one ever wants to come up with interesting new scenarios, prefering to stick to the tired old three scenarios in the BRB. But I'm rambling.

Chaplain

my local GW has loads of em at the weekend. theyre mostly teenagers though, and come iin, do some painting, chat with their mates, then go out about an hour later. seems they go to the same school as some of the regulars. luckily a few dads go too, so i get someone to talk to.
    you have been deemed guilty of blasphemy against the holy emperor, for this crime your punishment shall be to clean his shoes.

I did, the fact remains it hasn't gone off topic () and that people can add to it if they want. Just becuase you do not want to doesn't mean others won't.
    Unfortunately (for all of us) he seems to think hes some kind of unofficial moderator and its his duty to go around telling people what to do and enforcing (his own made up) forum rules.

Its quite sad really.......
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    Unfortunately (for all of us) he seems to think hes some kind of unofficial moderator and its his duty to go around telling people what to do and enforcing (his own made up) forum rules.

Its quite sad really.......
    I agree.

+3 posts now.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Chaplain

Hey, how many threads reach 10 pages and seven months without going wildly off topic? Doesn't warrant a lock if people still want to add to it.
    agreed and for the record while my wife doesn't play 40K she has expressed interest in WFB, she's hot, doesn't mind when the crew comes over and plays until 1 AM, and likes to walk by as we're setting up and pretend to smash the models and terrain, or occasionally placing our ferret to rampage the terrain before we start a game...all in good fun. we all laugh and her ridiculous noises help.

I realize this thread is old but come on a new guy wants to comment. and as to those who expressed woe to the female experience as their girlfriends, you guys are dating the wrong peeps! lol
    Officially abandoned a total RG army in light of a single custom marine army i can use for all codecies...what does that make me?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Lewis View Post
    Nope, our group doesn't have a female.

Actually tbh my interest in the hobby is waning a bit, not due to the above reason but because of my group. No one ever wants to come up with interesting new scenarios, prefering to stick to the tired old three scenarios in the BRB. But I'm rambling.
    Get the battle missions, and maybe google for the dice like thunder scenarios - this will breathe new life into the old dog.

As to this topic, can a moderator lock BuFFOOOOOO as he has been clarting on for ages...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

My girlfriend and I finished up a game of 1000 points C&C with Tau vs Cron's last night.

She was trying the cron's and did pretty well. My broadsides poped her Mono in the first round of shooting though. When I first met her she had played some Warmachine and loved to paint. (She's a better painter than I and I'm trying to get her to teach me proper dry brushing.) She knew of 40K and I basicly begged her to try it. We talked a bit about the armies and she came down to Dark Eldar and Tyranids. (this is the old nid's mind you.)

Since DE were so rare and hard to get we bought her a small Nid force and she played a few games and ended up getting very upset and frustrated with how quickly her bugs went splat. She gave up the game for a while and I figured that was that but recently she's shown more intrest and we are going to try to take it slower this time and let her try a larger veriety of armies before deciding if she wants to focus on one.

Tougher more Elite forces seem more her style as that way she feels less frustration at wasted points. She will try the marines next...

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorEternalXIX View Post
    This guy likes you, bet my right arm.

I'd still rather have people erring on the side of chivalry and nobility than intolerance and segregation.
    As would I, but some people mistake chivalry with douchebaggery-- some women mistake honest chivalry with sexism (making it even harder for those guys), and some men try and disguise their sexism as chivalry (making it harder for women to tell when it's honest)... it's a wonderful world we live in ain't it?

Also, buffo? Stop spamming the damn thread already. We get it, you're padding your post count because apparently for some reason you think it matters... but we're having a serious conversation here.
    Last edited by Melissia; 03-16-2010 at 11:31 AM.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast