BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

As a general rule, once threads are 7 months old, they are dead. It seems this one still has a few people that have something to say, as bizarre as this may seem. I was certainly prepared to cast out the necromancers from the temple, but no reason to.

BuFFo - Just let it go.

Everyone else - Why comment on BuFFo's lack of material in his comments. He isn't actually doing anything that violates the TOS.
    Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Nathanael Greene

Chapter-Master

hehe, my GF is huge on 40k - she collects chaos daemons and even prefers the weirder stuff like flamers and horrors which is awesome! shes big on painting, building terrain as much as playing the game with me. I really have no idea how I got so damn lucky and yes she is very pretty too
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Get the battle missions, and maybe google for the dice like thunder scenarios - this will breathe new life into the old dog.

As to this topic, can a moderator lock BuFFOOOOOO as he has been clarting on for ages...

True, I would, but pretty much the entirety of the group follows my one friend, who likes to everything by the book and not come up with new and interesting stuff. Pretty much Rules Lawyer meets Obstructive Bereaucrat.

I dunno, man, I think I need a hiatus from playing for a while, at least until I find a new group or something.

Abbess Sanctorum

Blah. That's sucky, Lewis. Hell even though we prefer to do things by the book here we at least throw some houserules and new missions around every now and then.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chapter-Master

Women don't wargame as much as men because there isn't an army consisting of sentient shoes that a woman would be interested in fielding.

HQ

The Purse w/ Retinue of lipstick and compact

Elite

High Heels

Nair

Troops

Shoes

Hair Dye

Fast Attack

Cell Phone

Secret Bank Account

Heavy Support

World of Warcraft Account

Stove
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Banned

That explains the popularity of Marines then, especially looking at the last codex:

HQ

Captain Six-Pack

Elites

Venerable Mullet

Beating Up Nerdguard Veterans

Troops

Are you ready for some football Squads

Fast Attack

Land Speeder Ford Pickup

Assault backyard WWE

Heavy Support

Predator sorry babe I've got an early meeting

Land Raider sitting around in the gentleman's club smoking cigars laughing at women and that it's funny to patronise them (yet they still don't want to hang around in our club).

Stupid codex creep

I approve of the last two messages in this thread. If you are offended by either, take two martinis and learn to relax.
    Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Nathanael Greene

Abbess Sanctorum

Gotthammer: Don't forget the wargear Epeen, a power weapon whose strength raises or lowers depending on how willing the bearer is to make an *** of themselves in order to look cool amongst their friends.

It's quite a popular weapon for HQ choices in that army.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Librarian

So be just glad you have women just playing in UK and USA, because here in Spain we have women in the hobby, but only painting or modelling ones!!

Or our girlfriends hehehe (mine makes escenario kits for me), I have some plastic things made by her with a good quality for being a beginner on all this stuff
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar“s Gauntlets

Well, quite, I thought they were both rather amusing myself, especially Buffo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwolf View Post
    I approve of the last two messages in this thread. If you are offended by either, take two martinis and learn to relax.
    Gotthammers gentlemans club comment actually raised an interesting issue, I think, which is how many girls that express an interest in the hobby are discouraged from continuing by boyfriends/partners/etc who want to keep it as a 'boys only' thing for them and their friends? I really have no idea, it may not be many at all.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast