BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Abbess Sanctorum

Assuming you ever had sanity to begin with.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Also, buffo? Stop spamming the damn thread already. We get it, you're padding your post count because apparently for some reason you think it matters... but we're having a serious conversation here.
    You are completely right!

Many apologies!

Assuming you ever had sanity to begin with.
    In before you complain about ME being off topic and post count padding (looks at your response here and your post count).

I support female gamers 100% The game needs more pseudomales playing the game! See, I am on topic!
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

If you had your way this forum would consist of very dry and boring dicussions. Observational humour baned now?

Why dont you give it a bloody rest for christ sake!

We dont care what you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Abbess Sanctorum

Another thing... about the smell. I wonder why more shops haven't attempted to enforce something about this? It's really bad for business, I know several people-- both male and female-- who don't go to a certain store because of the lack of hygene of its denizens. So their business goes to a different store. Good going manager.

Oh, and shutup Buffo.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chapter-Master

Oh, and shutup Buffo.
    I think my local area needs more female gamers like you. The take charge kinda girl who plays fringe armies that actually make the game fun.

How many ladies play in your local area that you are aware of?
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Chaplain

Another thing... about the smell. I wonder why more shops haven't attempted to enforce something about this? It's really bad for business, I know several people-- both male and female-- who don't go to a certain store because of the lack of hygene of its denizens. So their business goes to a different store. Good going manager.

Oh, and shutup Buffo.
    i blame the foundation paints for the odor....though its probably not a legit reason for it...
    Officially abandoned a total RG army in light of a single custom marine army i can use for all codecies...what does that make me?

Abbess Sanctorum

That... isn't the smell that's the problem. The smell of paints and glues and etc is fine. You expect that in a hobby store, and depending on the store size they aren't really that strong. It's... the bodily odors thta's mostly to blame. To paraphrase Foamy, some people need to learn what soap and deoderant are for (Even if he was talking about conventions). Mind you those idiots that cover it up with too much cologne aren't much better...

Goodbye
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 03-17-2010 at 04:59 PM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Librarian

Yeah, by Freya man people's BO in some of them stores borders on almost weaponized. Me and a friend went in for an Apoc game once and there was this one guy that I kid you not smelled like a porto-john screwed a piece of rotten meat. It was borderline biological warfare. Needless to stay we only stayed for about 1/4 of the battle before we had to bail.

The GW stores do need to enforce some kind of hygiene rule, I mean I know this isn't the hippest hobby on the block, but c'mon you're in public for feth's sake.

Maybe that's once reason women are hesitant to enter the stores, and I don't blame 'em. That and the distinct lack of social skills of some people in the stores. I've run into quite a few feth heads in my day.

That... isn't the smell that's the problem. The smell of paints and glues and etc is fine. You expect that in a hobby store, and depending on the store size they aren't really that strong. It's... the bodily odors thta's mostly to blame. To paraphrase Foamy, some people need to learn what soap and deoderant are for (Even if he was talking about conventions). Mind you those idiots that cover it up with too much cologne aren't much better...
    I've suggested selling Speed Stick and Irish Spring at the counter where I work. Has yet to take on...

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast