BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yeah, not so sure with the Colossus. I haven't heard much, but it always fires indirect and is crippled by a massive minimum range of 36". By contrast, the Griffons have only a 12" minimum range and have the AWESOME "Accurate Bombardment" rule. You may want to consider a switch to Griffons in the future so you can cripple Tyranid armies.

That being said, I think with all the Hydras you won't have too much trouble with AV12 armies.

Brother-Sergeant

This is how the army turned out:

HQ: Company Command Squad (6#, 205 pts)
    4 Company Command Squad @ 205 pts (Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon x4; Lasgun x1; Medi-pack; Plasmagun x3; Chimera)
    1 Company Commander (Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Refractor Field; Plasma Pistol; Power Fist; Senior Officer)
    1 Chimera (Heavy Bolter; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Turret Multi-Laser)

Troops: Infantry Platoon (49#, 437 pts)
    1 Infantry Platoon @ 437 pts (Infantry Squad; Special Weapons Squad; Special Weapons Squad)
    4 Platoon Command Squad (Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon x4; Flamer x4; Chimera)
    1 Platoon Commander (Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon; Bolter; Junior Officer)
    1 Chimera (Heavy Bolter; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Turret Heavy Flamer)
    9 Infantry Squad (Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon x8; Flak Armour; Lasgun x9; Flamer x1; Commissar)
    1 Commissar (Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol; Close Combat Weapon; Stubborn)
    1 Sergeant (Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Laspistol; Close Combat Weapon)
    9 Infantry Squad (Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon x8; Flak Armour; Lasgun x9; Flamer x1)
    9 Infantry Squad (Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon x8; Flak Armour; Lasgun x9; Flamer x1)
    6 Special Weapons Squad (Close Combat Weapon x6; Flak Armour; Lasgun x3; Demolition Charge x1; Flamer x2)
    6 Special Weapons Squad (Close Combat Weapon x6; Flak Armour; Lasgun x3; Demolition Charge x1; Flamer x2)

Troops: Veteran Squad (11#, 167 pts)
    9 Veteran Squad @ 167 pts (Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Close Combat Weapon x9; Lasgun x6; Meltagun x3; Chimera)
    1 Veteran Sergeant (Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Close Combat Weapon; Bolt Pistol)
    1 Chimera (Heavy Bolter; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Turret Heavy Flamer; Dozer Blade)

Fast Attack: Valkyrie Assault Carrier Squadron (1#, 130 pts)
    1 Valkyrie Assault Carrier Squadron @ 130 pts
    1 Valkyrie (Extra Armor; Searchlight; Multilaser; Multiple Rocket Pods x2)

Fast Attack: Vendetta Gunship Squadron (1#, 130 pts)
    1 Vendetta Gunship Squadron @ 130 pts
    1 Vendetta (Extra Armor; Searchlight; Twin-linked Lascannon x3)

Heavy Support: Hydra Flak Tank Battery (2#, 150 pts)
    1 Hydra Flak Tank Battery @ 150 pts (Hydra Flak Tank)
    1 Hydra Flak Tank (Auto-targeting System; Heavy Bolter; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Twin-Linked Hydra Autocannons x2)
    1 Hydra Flak Tank (Auto-targeting System; Heavy Bolter; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Twin-Linked Hydra Autocannons x2)

Heavy Support: Ordnance Battery (1#, 140 pts)
    1 Ordnance Battery @ 140 pts (Medusa)
    1 Medusa (Heavy Bolter; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Medusa w/Bastion-breacher Shells)

Heavy Support: Ordnance Battery (1#, 140 pts)
    1 Ordnance Battery @ 140 pts (Medusa)
    1 Medusa (Heavy Bolter; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Medusa w/Bastion-breacher Shells)

Total Roster Cost: 1499

Brother-Sergeant

I took it to a local tournament (Strategikon 3) in Oslo, Norway and fought against Tau, Tyranids, two Ork armies (one Battlewagon list, the other a Green Tide), and a Space Wolf army.

I defeated the Tau and Tyranids, drew against the Orks (although we ran out of time in both games, while I was looking very good to take home the victory had we played on just one more turn), and suffered a narrow defeat by the Space Wolves. Several of the games were close, exciting matches.

My feelings on the list were that the powerfist was a waste (no suprise), and the Hydras didn't impress me much. I'll try to get another 15-20 games in with the list before I form a definite judgment, but I'm already looking at what else I can spend 166pts on.

On the other hand, I was mightily impressed by the Plasmagun squad and the Valkyrie or Vendetta and Special Weapon Squad combo, both performed exceptionally well! The Medusas also deserve a special mention, although their great performance wasn't much a surprise (although I loved blowing up two Battlewagons before the Ork player's first turn, despite his Kustom Force Field).

The army did make the beauty pageant, though; despite not having finished the weathering on my tanks (daughter was sick the last week, unfortunately; so I ran out of time) and I had to borrow a Chimera from a friend (I've had one on order for 6 weeks now, still hasn't arrived...).

The Beauty Pageant was filmed and published here: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-li-3Cybwc[/url] (My army would be the Imperial Guard with the classic Catachan jungle scheme, 35 seconds in - the Autconnons have have since been smoothly re-attached)

For those who are interested in more reports and videos from the tourney visit one of the organizers' BLOG at [url]http://xadh00m.blogspot.com/[/url]

Thanks again to those who helped me with some input on the list - I'll keep dropping notes on things I tweak until I'm happy with the current 'style' of list. I'll also post pictures when I get the weathering finished!
    Last edited by BlueRonin; 03-19-2010 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Spelling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12