BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 42 of 83 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Abbess Sanctorum

No, I didn't go.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Subject Keyword: No. No female space marine discussion in this thread. Shutup and go away if you're going to turn it into yet another locked FSM thread.
    I wasn't. I was not the one who brought up the damned things. I was merely commenting on the "femininity and where it belongs in SoB/Warahammer mythos" topic that someone else started.
    Now quit being so aggressive or you're going to get my lesbian hormones all riled up.

I'm serious.
    Goodbye Bols!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Subject Keyword View Post
    Now quit being so aggressive or you're going to get my lesbian hormones all riled up.

I'm serious.
    Sigh, come on. You cant say that, its not fair against us guys. We will of course want you to get all lesbian and riled up...

Back on topic, from what Ive been hearing the next few codicies should be GK, DE, Necron and then either BT or SoB. So we might see some new sisters sometime next summer. This is just guesswork though but rumours seems to think its going to look something like this.
    Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 03-28-2010 at 01:58 PM.

It seems to go round and round with the codex writers. So if Matt did the last one Phil does the next the one after is..... I hope he doesn't get to do my codex! Let the SoB have the newest Doom unit that causes web wide arguments!

Meh, i hope this codex either never comes out, or leaves the rules for inducting alone ... gonna be royally pissed without mystics in my ig army

the entire list would have to change because id actually have to deal with cheating drop melta x.x lol.

Chaplain

^^^heaven forbid guard would lose effectivly 1-2 units, while another gains in power, it must mean the end of the world! lol
    Last edited by rbryce; 03-28-2010 at 08:12 AM.
    you have been deemed guilty of blasphemy against the holy emperor, for this crime your punishment shall be to clean his shoes.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Subject Keyword View Post
    I wasn't. I was not the one who brought up the damned things. I was merely commenting on the "femininity and where it belongs in SoB/Warahammer mythos" topic that someone else started.
    No, you ranted about some irrelevant crap involving female space marines for half of your post so shutup, SHUTUP, SHUTUP about it before someone decides to take you seriously and start that debate over again (seriously, nobody really wants another one of THOSE threads). The entire logical train (wreck) of thought your post used led up to your nonsensical mention of female space marines and how they aren't fluffy. Don't BS about it, I'm not buying your excuses.

Let me be simply blunt. I don't consider Space Marines to be key or core or important or iconic or the main characters of 40k. You may disagree with me. I don't care. To me, the time of the Space Marines was the Horus Heresy, and ever since then they have become gradually weaker and weaker and more and more irrelevant as the Imperium developed, to the point where now most of the time most people, Imperial or not, have never seen a Space Marine; they are nothing more than legend talked about by the Ecclesiarchy during mass, and even then only barely-- the focus of it of course is on the Emperor and the Imperial saints (only one of which is a Space Marine IIRC, Sanguinius). The overwhelming vast majority of battles the Imperium have absolutely nothing to do with the Space Marines at all, either loyalists or traitors. For that matter, the overwhelming majority of the servants of chaos-- something along the lines of 99.99999 (and drag those nines out a few thousand places) percent-- are not traitor marines. Even most Daemon Princes aren't chaos marines IIRC, in fact some of the most powerful ones existed long before the Marines were ever created. The lost and the damned are the true army of chaos, just as the Imperial Guard are the true army of the Imperium. Even the Sisters, though they do not necessarily fight that much more than Marines in comparison to the Guard, still participate in the Imperium far more, and have more political sway than the Space Marines. They even have an entire branch (the Sisters Famulous) dedicated to helping control Imperial nobility under the guise of helping them manage their households, finances, and serving as advisors.

All of this is GW's fluff, not something I made up. Yes, they might write some more stories about space marines, but that's just because they need to try and sell stuff to little brats in high school with too much of their parents' disposable income available to them and Space Marines attract that kind of immature person and opens up their wallet easier. And before someone inevitably reads too much into that statement, no I am not accusing anyone on this forum of that, but everyone knows it's true.

This thread is not about female Space Marines, the discussion of the lack of females in 40k is also not necessarily about Space Marines (even with just the Imperium in general, stories tend to have a very high male to female ratio, which doesn't make sense given that the males are supposedly drafted so much more frequently). Female Space Marines are irrelevant to this thread. Drop it, just drop it.
    Last edited by Melissia; 03-28-2010 at 08:36 AM.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Wow I came into this thread at the wrong point... Let's see if we can get this thread back on topic.

Has anyone actually seen/ heard actual evidence of the new book? On warseer they seem to think Phil Kelly will write the new book

duke
    Direct evidence of anything is hard to come by until GW actually announces anything. But there are several very reliable sources that sound very, very confident about the hints that they drop. Said hints point to an end of the year release for GK's, and that Sisters and Inquisition shouldn't be too long after that, probably within the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
    Sigh, come on. You cant say that, its not fair against us guys. We will of course want you to get all lesbian and riled up...

Back on topic, from what Ive been hearing the next few codicies should be GK, DE, Necron and then either BA or SoB. So we might see some new sisters sometime next summer. This is just guesswork though but rumours seems to think its going to look something like this.
    BA are next. They've been confirmed for an April release. After BA, it appears to be GK/DE/Necrons.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

I ment BT, not BA

Chaplain

No, you ranted about some irrelevant crap involving female space marines for half of your post so shutup, SHUTUP, SHUTUP about it before someone decides to take you seriously and start that debate over again (seriously, nobody really wants another one of THOSE threads). The entire logical train (wreck) of thought your post used led up to your nonsensical mention of female space marines and how they aren't fluffy. Don't BS about it, I'm not buying your excuses.
    Um... Could you quote my post where I mentioned them? I had a two or three sentence paragraph about how I thought maleness was an integral part of the Space Marine mythos (which is my opinion and nothing more), but the rest of the post was about how many females (or gender neutral... Things...) are ignored as female presences in Warhammer.

Let me be simply blunt.
    As opposed to complexly blunt?
    I don't consider Space Marines to be key or core or important or iconic or the main characters of 40k. You may disagree with me. I don't care.
    Look, I hate Space Marines just as much as you do, but the sheer amount of material about and pertaining to them isn't something that can be so eagerly ignored. The Fellowship played a very small part in the overall mythology of Middle Earth, but they have the most words about them, the most action figures, the most games, etc. I don't consider Space Marines the "main characters" either (that whole concept doesn't really apply to Warhammer), but we cannot deny that they are "key" "core" or "iconic" just because we hate them.
    Last edited by Aims; 03-29-2010 at 09:00 PM.
    Goodbye Bols!

Page 42 of 83 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast