BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 43 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Subject Keyword View Post
    Look, I hate Space Marines just as much as you do.
    You guys play Warhammer 40k and you hate space marines? That sucks for you.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Kahoolin View Post
    You guys play Warhammer 40k and you hate space marines? That sucks for you.
    Well, hate is a strong word.
    I think they're a bit over done, and the amount of attention that they get gets under my skin, but I guess it doesn't bug me that bad, because I still love the hobby and spend loads of money on it. Something GW is doing is working!

Slightly more on topic, I think a complete overhaul of Witch Hunters would do them good. The large breasted, dominatrix madam thing is a bit dorky, really. An all female warrior society who looked like they could actually be successful in a battle rather than in a shady club in LA would be awesome. As is, the faces of the Sisters of Battle look like men's faces with stupid, illogical ladies haircuts (that would get in their eyes and then they wouldn't see X nasty heretic sneaking up on them, etc.). An army of actual women with buzzed heads and less silly armor and more nasty piousness and fanatical devotion to the Emperor would be sweet. More Space Nun, less Space Transvestite.

On the other hand, a few more models, all plastics, and some rule tweaks would make me pick up Daemonhunters tomorrow. They are outrageously cool.
    Goodbye Bols!

Veteran-Sergeant

Grand Master Stern!!!

That is what I want...

& well maybe cheaper & awesomer Grey Knights...etc.
    Only in death does duty end...
    Imperial Guard W-8 L-16 D-7 Grey Knights(DH) W-6(1) L-8(5) D-3(1) Eldar W-1 L-3 T-1

Abbess Sanctorum

*ignores Subject Keyword to avoid rage induction over some stupid crap he said, he knows what it is*

I think cheaper might not be called for... just better. A lot better.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chaplain

Firstly you Subject Keyword with what you said it seems you want to see SoB less like females in armour and more like just another SM with a female head, there armour is what makes them unique to 40k, its supposed to be smaller, lighter yet just as strong in protection, how do you envision there armour then?? Plain and just with what a Habit?? and maybe the hint of armour underneath.
    I agree the heads need work and as stated in this thread and others GW just lacks talented sculptors who can make correct female faces and bodies that are properly shaped to the female form.

On the topic though i can only hope GW justifies its upgrades and pays far more attention to details, i loved the codex WH, yes it has problems but i have to say the SoB miniature range is still to me on of the better appealing armies visually. Just wish GW would hire some more female sculptors to make any new plastic SoB looks more than all the same and more posable.
    Last edited by Aims; 03-29-2010 at 09:02 PM.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Someone over at Warseer says he thinks he saw some WIP GK knights, including a land raider variant of some sort. Or a land raider custom kit.

The last boy who made a rape joke around me (directed at me, in fact) I lifted off his feet by his scrotum, sadly the nature of the internet prevents recourse to such wholesome punishments.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Abbess Sanctorum

Someone on the IGMB said they heard the GK Terminators were near completion.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by melissia View Post
    i think cheaper might not be called for... Just better. A lot better.
    qft
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I predict after all the fantasy stuff during summer it will then go like this: Dark Eldar, Grey Knights/Daemon Hunters, Necrons, Sisters of Battle/Witch Hunters. This is just me guessing but gw seems to be release xeno, non-xeno, xeno, non-xeno... etc.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    *ignores Subject Keyword to avoid rage induction over some stupid crap he said, he knows what it is*
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Rosette Soulknyt View Post
    Now your comment to Melissia at the end of your post is disgusting, rude and sexist and bordering sexual discrimintaion. Your comment of: "Look, honey...
    One day I'll teach you what actual feminism is, and how it relates to the world around us and the stories we tell around the campfires and hobby shops. I could teach you some other things as well, but that's considered statutory rape in most places."
    I think you owe Melissia and many other females on this post a very BIG aplogy for this, to hear you state this and refer things that hint to sex and rape you should be banned from this forum for life.
    How dare you justify yourself that you would know more about feminism than a woman, even if you were one yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    The last boy who made a rape joke around me (directed at me, in fact) I lifted off his feet by his scrotum, sadly the nature of the internet prevents recourse to such wholesome punishments.
    Ok, well, first off I am very sorry. I have a colorful sense of humor and out of context (on places like the internet) it can be misunderstood. Second of all, I am not a "boy" or a "he." I am an insane lesbian. My comment towards Melissia was half unnecessarily antagonistic, half my desire to turn everyone around me to the dark side. Perhaps something like "I could show you what you've been missing with men all these years" would have been more direct and less creepy. Rape is not funny to me, and some very personal experiences in my life that I will not go into have kept it not funny. And Sister Rosette Soulknyt, I "justify" that I know more about feminism because I am very close to a bachelors degree in it. Maybe my classes have got me a bit frustrated...
    Again I'm sorry about not being more clear, going a bit too far with a joke, or being hurtful in any way. I know what it's like to be the target of people bullsh*tting, what with all the "all you need is a nice man to blah blah blah" flying around. I seem to get accidentally get other women angry a lot. Does this mean I'm an ineffective lesbian?

Oh, and Eldargal, if lifting me off the ground by my scrotum would make you feel better and make your feelings less hurt, I would be happy to let you get some revenge. Sadly, I do not have a scrotum, so you'd have to get creative.
    -Keyword
    Goodbye Bols!

Page 43 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast