BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 44 of 83 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Fascinating, really.

Back to what this thread is supposed to be. Melissia, when you say that someone heard about GK Termies being nearly finished, did you mean deton8r? Because the way he worded things it sounded more like his own summary of information already known rather than new

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Someone on the IGMB said they heard the GK Terminators were near completion.
    Last edited by Vhalyar; 03-29-2010 at 09:45 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Yeah I heard on the forum earlier that Grey Knight Terminators were done or something...

anyway I hope the Terminators are cheaper now......points wise...but probably not money

same thing with just Grey Knights... they are a little to much points for what they do now...

& I hope they can get more special/heavy weapons now... just the Psycannon & Incinerator does not give them a lot to deal with heaver tanks.
    Only in death does duty end...
    Imperial Guard W-8 L-16 D-7 Grey Knights(DH) W-6(1) L-8(5) D-3(1) Eldar W-1 L-3 T-1

Standard GK are fine at their current point cost, they just need to have stats that reflect it. Justicars on the other hand should be dropped to around 35, the current cost is ridiculously overkill.

I hope that GW will preserve the feel of being outnumbered when playing Grey Knights. Considering what Phil Kelly did with the Space Wolves, that is to allow them to field an army of elite units, I'm rather confident that he won't drop the ball with the Grey Knights. If Stormtroopers are kept - and I sure hope so - then that's where the support backbone and objective-takers should be found.

Chaplain

Well i hope for new termies too, and not just another rumour, i hope for everyone that its true and we all see them very soon, and then with news of SoB to follow.....or is that really wishful thinking to soon lol.

Subject Keyword, thanks for your apologies, i think you did go a little to far. Making comments like those not only hurts yourself but also this Forum, i find it harsh and iinnapropriate in any sense and if Eldargal says she can pick you up i'd believe her, even if you didnt have that anatomy :P

Anyway, can only hope in the coming White Dwarfs GW decide to let us hear about the future for this year, show new miniatures hidden amoungst the pages, i know April is BA April, so guess little chance of any other news.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Battle-Brother
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Even though i am a SM player. My first army was Sob with Tallarns and i hope the WH/DH codex does come as i believe GW will sell a lot of them with the right marketing strategy.

If they do i'm all for it.

Azrael 71

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Rosette Soulknyt View Post
    if Eldargal says she can pick you up i'd believe her, even if you didnt have that anatomy :P
    *shudder*

Seriously though,

sorry.
    Goodbye Bols!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Vhalyar View Post
    Standard GK are fine at their current point cost, they just need to have stats that reflect it. Justicars on the other hand should be dropped to around 35, the current cost is ridiculously overkill.
    Funny thing is, Justicars cost the standard amount for a sergeant plus a power weapon. +10pts for an extra attack and leadership, and +15pts for a power weapon.

Heck, a SM sergeant with a power fist costs 51pts, and a Justicar is better.

Basic Grey Knights need some special rules that live up to the points that you pay for them, but the Justicar upgrade probably won't change price.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Add in the fact he has a storm bolter, is Fearless, can't be pinned, has in-built psychic wards and benefits from the Shrouding, the Justicar actually seems like a real bargoon. Only problem is he dies just as easy as a normal Marine.

Brother-Sergeant

It will be really sad if the Inquisition gets removed from 40,000.
    It doesn't seem likely, but I suppose GW has just as much right to destroy an army as they do to create one.

Abbess Sanctorum

The Inquisition won't be removed from 40k. It is very deeply entrenched in the fluff, and is the basis for just about every single roleplaying game based off of 40k, for example. What they might do is remove the Inquisition as an army from 40k. Which is fine by me, they shouldn't have put the friggin' Inquisition into my Sisters of Battle codex anyway.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Page 44 of 83 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast