BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Death Company WiP (Pic Heavy)

Here are some of my Death Company, mostly all finished except for the scroll work and eyes. Actually have seven done, but they are not based, and we can't have that.

Seven down... Twenty-one to go...

Chapter-Master

Sweet contrast with the eyes and power weapons/ purity seals.

Chaplain

They look awesome, I love the green power sword. It looks very eerie which is great for Death Company. I can't wait to get my hands on my delayed plastics.

Battle-Brother

I like them, the armour looks almost grey rather than black, which looks good. I also like the colour of the power weapons. The red on the shoulder pads looks good with the darker and lighter parts, but I fell you should add the same effect to the red jewels, as they look a bit flat IMO.

ElTanko

I actually did apply the same effect it's just Blood Red is such a damnable paint to use that I don't believe it took very well.

But always more to touch up as they say...

Battle-Brother

I do like the black armor. they look good to me, but then your minis are always looking good.

Default Blood red

yeh the thin pigment in blood red gives it an almost transparent application, i find the key is so add just a little bit of a darker tone (scab red red gore, or a brown, and even dark green) to the mix even if its jsut the smallest amount build this up then jsut apply several watered layers of blood red and you can get a really nice blend from shade to highlight.

Am liking the power sword and the eyes really stand out. the black armour is nice, the grey tones giving it nice depth.

Very nice! The green sword is wonderful and the grey shade in the black parts gives an incredible depth of colour. How did you painted the black/white wings?