BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Also, being a Rogue Trader is a rare privilege, often passed down through the family.
    And as a way to get your enemy to leave, give him a ship, a writ, and bang he is gone. Sorry off-topic but it felt like it should be said.

On topic. From my understanding Rangers are the forward recon/saboteurs and gather long forgotten soul stones before returning them to rest in peace.

Corsairs seem like a rough cross between Dark Eldar and Craft World Eldar, not fallen but not in the 'light' either; I see them as being composed of moderates from the DE and the rebellious members of the C-WE. As to what happens when they die? Well you gotta hope they have soul stones, it is possible that maybe some of their larger ships have infinity circuits as well, it is a bit of a mystery though. If not...well they seem pretty up the creek...

Re Dark Eldar, it was my understanding that they feed off the souls of others in order to mask their own from Slaanesh? So they don't need an infinity circuit, unless Commaragh is a giant craftworld and the masking helps keep it protected from Slaanesh. I think someone said the new DE sculpts had soulstone type things on them as well.
    as to corsairs, I think it would be safe to assume most are linked to a craftworld where there souls will reside, or if not a craftworld perhaps an exodite world. Who knows, perhaps craftworlds are quite happy to receive the souls of corsairs and whatnot even if they aren't linked to that CW.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Well it is said that the outcast path while being fringe to the society, is still somewhat acceptable, so yeah, if they retrieve soulstones they will probably accept them in their infinity circuit, but to be perfectly honest, I don't think any craftworld eldar would ever refuse such a "favour" to ANY soulstone he comes across.

Chaplain

The corsair fleets are akin to the Privateer fleets during the English-Spanish sea wars.
    During times of war, they had much more in the way of tactical flexibility - those that refused to surrender their letters of marque when peace was declared were generally called "pirates".

Normally, it is the rangers that roam ahead of the main eldar craftworlds, seeking and returning 'lost' items (weapons, armour, soulstones) as well as intelligence and so on. If a ranger died "out there" his gear would wait for someone else like him to come across it and return it. The soul can stay inside the stone forever safe from predation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12