BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Question need a tip or 2...

well here goes. I have a select group of friends that i play with on a regular basis,and i never seem to have much problem beating them except for one. He also happens to be my best friend lol anywho, i play BA marines and he plays Ultra marines. he usually goes heavy on the troops in the rhino's and well to be honest he really is an outstanding tactician. but i need some help ppl. what can i do to wipe that smug smile off his face!!!???

Battle-Brother

To be honest, before people can give you advice in this situation they're going to need more information. Some questions for which answers would be useful:

Do you have a typical army build?
    If so, what is it?
    If not, what have you tried against him?

You've stated that he typically goes troop heavy in rhinos. What support does he usually put in his army?

What do you have available to you to use (in terms of models)?

What play style do you favour? Since you play BA I'm going to guess at assault heavy.
    What is your typical battle plan?
    Have you tried changing your tactics?

Without answers to these questions, any advice given will be almost meaninglessly generic, and probably not very helpful. I've been in a similar situation myself. Back when I actually used to play regularly (when I was still at school), my friends and I would always have pretty close games. Except for one of the group, who just seemed to get more out of lists than the rest of us. It took me a while to figure out how to beat him. Persevere, and you'll do it eventually.

Chaplain

Best post your list first. Also if he takes vehicles do you take melta to pop them?
    www.imperiusdominatus.com - warhammer 40,000 tactica and hobby blog

Brother-Captain

Yes, point levels, army list, terrain and tactics you've seen used against will most definately help as help you!
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.