BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chaplain

I run two land speeders with multi meltas and heavy flamers and they work well; though they do act as suicide units and are quickly targetted. A typhoon can hang back and fire kraks, but a long range A.T weapon like a lascannon can still easily take it out.

As for a predator currently I am running autocannon, heavy bolters and a storm bolter. It has good anti infantry but I found it a bit wishy-washy about scoring kills. The reason for the storm bolter is so I have two weapons to fire when I move. Consider it's anti infantry I didn't think it reaped loads of kills. I am however thinking of taking autocannon and lascannons for anti tank, the autocannon isn't great but the lascannons will give me some long range anti tank. However I wouldn't mix a lascannon and heavy bolters as one is a anti tank weapon and the other anti infantry, they do not mesh well.
    www.imperiusdominatus.com - warhammer 40,000 tactica and hobby blog

Brother-Captain

Landspeeders: Well the nice thing about this kit it how easy it is switch around weapons. The typhoon easily slides in and out of the 'doors' without gluing. And once painted the HB and MM stays on the little rail. The only issue is the heavy flamer, and most people wont mind as long as you declare before the game that it is or isn't in play.

Pred: I have one of each. To be honest the Lascannon variant, though cool looking, end up being very dissapointing. Its so expensive, and lascannons just don't see effective unless they come in volumn.
    The upside of the LC variant is that is will draw a good deal of fire. The dakka pred however is just so cheap that you don't mind its loss, and its a good mid-range threat.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

for Landspeeders i say the typhoon is best for several reasons over the alternatives.

1) AV10. this is why i HATE MM/HF speeders. its going to what. pop one tank(if you are lucky) or flame some orks and die.

at the range of a missilelauncher AV10 is pretty survivable and being able to fire the heavy Bolter and the frag missiles is awsome.

2) Cheap firepower. 90 pts for a heavy bolter and 2 missile launchers. thats the same cost as a devestator squad with NO WEAPONS or extra bodies. have 2 or 3 in a unit and they become a real powerhouse.

if you want a suicide multi-melta. buy a LS and give it a MM and no HF. you will likely never fire one weapon without not using the other. besides both are Main weapons and as such you can't enjoy your mobility fully.

Predator tanks

i like the Dakka pred with autocannon and HB sponsons. cheap firepower that can pop transports.

if you want lascannons go with Las sponsons and the Auto cannon turret. cheaper and can do the same basic job.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12