BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Librarian

Hm, have only played DoW2 a few times at my friend's. Don't own it myself; Firestorm Over Kronus 3.5 is sufficient for me ATM. (If my fethin' PC it's on's machine spirit would get over itself and work again.)

Will have to check out how they look in DoW 2 sometime.

No power armor....no bolters... and no drop pods. Just faith in the Imperium, a few thousand tanks, and a lasrifle powered by AA batteries. Thats why I switched from SM to IG (well that and IG are more fun to mod!)

DoW2 is worth getting and there is an nice mod that lets you play imperial guard units (its not perfect but it is alot of fun)
    Why do my Guardsmen always seem to be in leg warmers??

Chaplain

Don't get me wrong, I'd have a lasgun over a bolter any day of the week. I loved them in DOW - it looked like a frickin' ELO gig.
    Anti-FSM, Pro-MSoB and proud

Battle-Brother

I cant agree with you more fellow Commisar.
    I picked Imperial Guard because i really conected with them. Space Marines are pretty Inhuman and live only to fight, Necrons...well they're necrons, eldar tyrannids and dark eldar are confusing to wrap your head around, orks and CSM are too brutal and again live only to fight, and inquisition same as space marines.
    But Imperial Guard...They are human. They join to fight for their home, their imperium, but they still want to come back home when its all said and done. They think about their farm back home, their dog, their girlfriend or wife, the sunsets they watched, etc. I know that sounds pretty sappy and stuff but its something i really connected with because i've been thinking about going into the military when i get old enough. Thats what I love about the Guard.

Battle-Brother

I love IG because they provide plenty of biomass for my nids

Chaplain

There's also the fact that I completely love the two principal officers in the 801st Astraean: Colonel Selar Barion and Lord Commissar Archaius Grimcut. Imagine Sue Sylvester and Gene Hunt in a power struggle and you'll see what I mean.
    Anti-FSM, Pro-MSoB and proud

yea ... just ordinary humans, with insane heavy support from tanks to aa platforms, naval warships in orbit, air supremecy from vultures and valks etc etc.

Not saying they arent "braver" that a SM, as it takes balls to be a normal guy in the 41st millennium, but they do have some of the scariest warmachines supporting them in the 41st millennium as well

Librarian

Exactly. We Guardsmen may not be the best infantry out there, but **** with us and we've got the best damned tanks to put some armored boots up some *****. Average infantry, awesome vehicular power.

Plus there's always the "for every one of us who falls, ten more take his place!".

Battle-Brother

I completely love the idea and background of the Catachans, I just don't like the current models. By the time I finish my Orks that problem will hopefully be resolved, if not, well, I just may have to do some conversions! Besides, I just figured out I like painting vehicles.

Librarian

Yeah the Catachans are awesome, I have about 30 Catachans in my regiment. It's a mixed regiment - the 110th Daneland/33rd Catachan.

And Straken leads the regiment, because he is my favorite named character in 40k.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast