BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Chaplain

Fair points there Kahoolin, did you ever see the star wars christmas special? Nearly ruined star wars completely for me!

But more on topic, I think that the difference between something like star wars and 40k is that 40k is a game system at its heart, and while the fluff is clearly integral to the game, so is the system and so sometimes conflicts arise because of the system, not because of the fluff.

I mean 40k has changed an awful lot as things went on, and as far as I am aware the biggest changes came because of the game system necessitating major changes, all though im not a massively veteran player or anything so my direct experience is limited to second ed onwards

Chaplain

It was more of a thanksgiving special.
    Given the timing when it aired in the US. (Just after Hallowe'en). It's commonly known as the "christmas special" here because that was when it was aired for us (Christmas eve).

I still have my copy on VHS. George's stormtroopers haven't managed to disappear my copy yet. It is being digitally archived for posterity and then the internet will know fear.

Although some of the current retconning is bringing older SW fluff back into canon.

The Kaiburr crystal being the repository of the list of all known force sensitives (from "Splinter of the Mind's Eye") in a recent (to our TVs) Clone Wars cartoon.

Occuli Imperator

Speaking of 40k and star wars crossovers did anyone else notice that Dan gave Eisenhorn a lightsaber?! I was all nerd-raged when I read that.
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345