BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Brother-Sergeant

I've had the same experience. GW's costumer service is the best I've ever encountered.
    To whom it may concern...
    BAALLOOOOGGGAAAA WHALE!!!

Brother-Sergeant

I thought this thread was going to be about the rising prices or something, GW has the best customer service I've ever had to deal with, if something has a defect you just have to call them up and they either completely replace it and you get to keep the defective one or you send the defective one back and they send you a new one, just call them up and get it replaced.

Veteran-Sergeant

I have very fiew problems with GW. Some missing pieces in a cadian starter box, exorcist misscasted weapon (got a replacement one that was also misscast so they sent me a free whirlwind. So I got 2 exorcists and 1 whirlwind for the price of 1 exorcist).

Funniest one though is when I ordered an Eversor assassin, it had the name on the blister and everything but inside it is a ratguy with 3 arms and some kind of mancatcher polearm. Was told hes some special guy from the skaven army or something.

About a year ago there was some problems with the GW site, all the prices were the exact same no matter what country you selected. Starter box for 60£, 60$, 60€ or 60swedish kronor (about 5£). I bought GW stuff for over 3000£ and paid 300€ for it AND RECEIVED IT!
    I havent touched any of the stuff yet but since it has been close to a year now since it happened I guess I can keep it

Oh yeah, Citadel Spray gun was a pile of ****, air leaks allover the thing. Bought an airbrush and compressor which has worked allot better for me.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
    I
    About a year ago there was some problems with the GW site, all the prices were the exact same no matter what country you selected. Starter box for 60£, 60$, 60€ or 60swedish kronor (about 5£). I bought GW stuff for over 3000£ and paid 300€ for it AND RECEIVED IT!
    I havent touched any of the stuff yet but since it has been close to a year now since it happened I guess I can keep it

I doubt they'd make you return any of it (no business worth its salt would)

But I will be blaming you now for our timely price increase! j/k
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
    I have very fiew problems with GW. Some missing pieces in a cadian starter box, exorcist misscasted weapon (got a replacement one that was also misscast so they sent me a free whirlwind. So I got 2 exorcists and 1 whirlwind for the price of 1 exorcist).

Funniest one though is when I ordered an Eversor assassin, it had the name on the blister and everything but inside it is a ratguy with 3 arms and some kind of mancatcher polearm. Was told hes some special guy from the skaven army or something.

Oh yeah, Citadel Spray gun was a pile of ****, air leaks allover the thing. Bought an airbrush and compressor which has worked allot better for me.
    This happened with Best Buy back in 99 when their website was still fairly new. I did NOT receive my items (about $5000 worth of RAM for $50.)

And I am with you on the spray gun. That is the only thing from GW I have been disappointed in from a quality perspective. I've had mistakes in packaging before, and everything has been made satisfactory very quickly.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Doomgrin View Post
    In 15 years of playing (off and on) I have had two issues... a lictor missing a leg and a valkyrie missing the clear plastic windows to the canopy.

I called GW, gave them the batch number off the package and it was replaced promptly.
    Yeah, the valk one happened to me and i had a chaos obliterator once where his front and back didn't fit properly (like at all). The store i was at replaced the obliterator and i just used some cut outs from a blister to fix the valk windows.

My real concern with GW is the price hike, it just seems like a real downer to me to have to pay an extra like $5 CAN for some models that are already expensive. Course I know that's how business works though so... meh.

5 min call to GW customer support = absolutely anything replaced and sometimes with extras

too lazy to call but not to complain on forum = priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Torcano View Post
    5 min call to GW customer support = absolutely anything replaced and sometimes with extras

too lazy to call but not to complain on forum = priceless
    I co-sign this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123