BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Grey Knight Land Raider Crusader

Hi! Can someone give me a reference as to where i can find the rule that says that a Grey Knight Land Raider Crusader can fire his hurricane bolters no matter the distance it has moved?

1- Does it still applies?
    2- Does it applies to other chapter LRC? SM? BA? BT?

where the heck is that rule? i dont see it anywhere....

Thank you!

Check page 58 of the main rulebook - all weapons on a vehicle S4 and lower are "Defensive Weapons". A regular vehicle may fire as many of its defensive weapons as it pleases when it's moving at Combat Speed (so, no, the Crusader can't fire the hurricane bolters at cruising speed, but it can fire them when moving at combat speed, in addition to its assault cannon or multi-melta).

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lupin View Post
    Hi! Can someone give me a reference as to where i can find the rule that says that a Grey Knight Land Raider Crusader can fire his hurricane bolters no matter the distance it has moved?

1- Does it still applies?
    2- Does it applies to other chapter LRC? SM? BA? BT?

where the heck is that rule? i dont see it anywhere....

Thank you!
    It's listed in the "Hurricane Bolters" section of the LRC listing in Codex: DH, on page 32. The codex explicitly states that they may be fired no matter how far the LRC has moved or what other weapons it's firing.
    Last edited by trjames; 05-27-2010 at 10:20 AM. Reason: hate smilies...

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    Check page 58 of the main rulebook - all weapons on a vehicle S4 and lower are "Defensive Weapons". A regular vehicle may fire as many of its defensive weapons as it pleases when it's moving at Combat Speed (so, no, the Crusader can't fire the hurricane bolters at cruising speed, but it can fire them when moving at combat speed, in addition to its assault cannon or multi-melta).
    However, if you look in the Demonhunters book, you'll find that it says that you can fire the Hurricane Bolters if you move 12 on page 32. Funny that, eh?

Chapter-Master

Read the codex before reading the BRB

All Crusaders used to be able to do this, iirc, though I could be totally wrong about that.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

just checked on the net and found it quick but it looks like this entire paragraph on hurricane bolters have been obliterated in the french version i have in pdf at work...

i will confirm that with my paper version at home tonight

weird...

Whoops, my bad, I was thinking of the 5th edition marine codexes. Yeah, it has that exception in the DH: dex (dug mine out of the pile).

Chapter-Master

Whoops, my bad, I was thinking of the 5th edition marine codexes. Yeah, it has that exception in the DH: dex (dug mine out of the pile).
    Yeah, it's one of the handful of outdated things that goes in our favor.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

so i checked out yesterday night and in the pdf version i can download from GW french site, the paragraph on the hurricane bolters is missing and on my french paper version, that same paragraph is there...

Weird! what else could be either missing or changed???

Chapter-Master

It's possible they changed it. Check your assault cannon stats, I believe they corrected those in the PDF as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast