BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Furioso Libr. Force Weapon

I've gotten so many good ideas from the board that I figured it was time to give back.
    I've been trying for weeks to create a good looking Force Weapon for my Furioso. I think I've done it. While working on a terminator with chainfist I had a light bulb moment.

Let me know what you think.

Mods if the picture is too big I'll apologize in advanced, quick post while dealing with sick daughter is all I had time for.

Librarian

That looks awesome!

Scout

Simple..
    effective

win

Chapter-Master

First let me say I really like it. Personnally I would have made it a little longer, maybe half an inch or so. The only other ways I would have been tempted to give a try would be just a single large blade (as per the Grey Knights Dreadnought from Forge World) or some seriously converted fist covered in runes and the like.

Not owning the BA Codex (yet), does the Force Weapon replace the standard storm bolter attatched to Dreadnought CCWs? If not, where have you re-located this to?

Brother-Sergeant

The force weapon and DCCW w/Storm Bolter replace the twin DCCWs w/SB and Melta Gun.

Like I said, the "feel" of a chain fist is what I was going for and to make it longer would have severely weakened the piece. If I had any real skill with plasti-card I might have done it differently. But the idea of gluing all those sheets together and then shaping them was appalling.

Regardless, glad y'all like it.

What about attaching it to the rotating part of the fist? without pushing it too forward as not to weaken it.

Brother-Sergeant

Then it just looks like a blade stuck on the end of a DCCW. Very inelegant.

I've seen a couple of people do it and it always reminds me of a pirate's hook. Can't say exactly why, just that it does.

I think it really only works with the Ven Dread "hand" fist. But I'd imagine there are similar, if somewhat larger, blades out there. If I could find my Tomb Kings I'd take a look at the Bone Giants weapons. But till then this works.

Chapter-Master

I love it. From an Eldar sprue, I assume?

Brother-Sergeant

It's the Tau Commander Farsight weapon. Clipped off the hand and the Egyptian looking bit and cut a slot in the DCCW weapons mount. A little glue and a Purity Seal to cover the join and, voila.

Chapter-Master

Like I said, I really love it. Nice stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast