BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default New Tau Super-Heavy from Chapterhousestudios.com

Hi Folks,

Let me unveil our first "Super-Heavy" vehicle kit, the SXV-141 Super-heavy Assault Walker, or the SAW for short. (I am leaning towards calling this big boy the "Kraken" to keep up the ocean theme of tau)
    After seeing the work of the guy who designed and sculpted this walker I knew we had to carry it! We were even able to drop the production cost of this huge kit.
    Price is set at $285 plus shipping.

It is a completely new design, but it has an obvious "Tau" style to it.

This is a resin model kit consisting of over 50 parts, weighing in at approximately 2kg and standing almost 30cm tall when complete. The kit components are supplied “as cast” and require cleanup, assembly and painting for the finished product.

Needless to say I think the Imperial Warhound titan will have its hands full.

This monster mounts Twin Heavy Rail Guns, Smart Missile launchers, Marker Lights and Burst Cannons for close defense.

We are working on rules for this bad boy and welcome any thoughts.

[URL="http://chapterhousestudios.com/webshop/component/virtuemart/?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&pro duct_id=81&category_id=37"]Tau Walker[/URL]

Designed by Zac Soden
    Paint in Progress shots courtesy of Mark Tait

Nick - [email][email protected][/email]
    [url]www.chapterhousestudios.com[/url]
    Last edited by chapterhousestudios; 05-30-2010 at 10:06 PM.

Abbess Sanctorum

It's certainly an interesting looking design.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chaplain

For someone like me who hates Tau, thats very cool looking, i can just imagine many Tau players drooling now.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Very ghost in the sheel looking.

I thought the Tau didn't use super-heavies? I remember hearing something about how they thought they are an inefficient use of resources...

Regardless, that thing is very cool looking!

Quote Originally Posted by whitestar333 View Post
    I thought the Tau didn't use super-heavies? I remember hearing something about how they thought they are an inefficient use of resources...

That and they are a fairly mobile force. Plus their air power has recorded kills against titans.

But nonetheless, a very cool design! Seems cheap in comparison to forgeworld titans
    http://www.heresy-online.net/daemons/adoptables/10912-dchingus.htm
    Please help my lil buddy by a lil clicky click

Veteran-Sergeant

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by whitestar333 View Post

On the other hand, the Tau do ahve the Manta super heavy flyer, so maybe they've reevaluated the value of super heavy vehicles. Sort of a 'if our enemies have them, we should have them too, if only to kill theirs.'

I have to agree with the above posters, that is one sweet looking model. Almost makes me wish I played Tau.
    92 Golf: Death From Within
    Any plan where you lose your hat is a bad plan.

I still haven't forgiven GW for introducing Tau, and I think that looks great.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

The Manta is acctually a transport ship. And it is a flyer and mobile. Tau would never use unmobile walkers, especially heavy ones.
    But still its a cool design. Somehow saw a similiar one scratched build on the internet.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    Very ghost in the sheel looking.

indeed it looks like those ones at the end of 2nd gig

i might get one cause chapterhouse is A LOt CHEAPER THAN gw
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast